Sunday, December 11, 2011

In My Mailbox: December 5 - 11, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


Review:


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Thanks to Faye at Poppy!

Coming January 2, 2012!

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18B. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


Bought:


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.



Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will; the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.


They were giving out the bookmarks, poster and bracelet at the event.


I know I said I probably wouldn't do another IMM for a while, but I've been so busy with finals this week that I haven't posted much, and I wanted to tell you guys about the Cassie Clare/Michelle Hodkin signing!

My friend Ari, Me, Michelle, Cassie
So, that happened. Unfortunately, me and my friend got to the event kind of late because we got lost (I am the world's worst navigator), but Michelle and Cassie are both amazing. I'd never met Cassie before, but she actually remembered me from when I interviewed her for the Clockwork Angel release last year, which totally made my night. She was sooo nice! She hugged me as they were leaving (me = O_O) and Michelle is always The Best and pretty much my favorite person, which is why I dragged my navigationally-challenged self to NYC to see her. Because she's so awesome, she signed quite a few bookmarks that might just show up in a giveaway this week in honor of Mara's first face-off in the YA Heroine Tourney on December 15th! So keep an eye out for that ;) These ladies are amazing and talented and so, so sweet, and it pretty much made my week to see them -- you should definitely go to one of their signings if you get the chance!

For more on the awesomeness of the evening, check out Michelle's post about it, featuring some fabulous fans sporting the Best Shirts Ever.

What's in your mailbox this week? I'm DYING to read Clockwork Prince, but I have to finish finals first =(

17 comments:

Jennifer Messerschmidt said...

So jealous you got your Clockwork Prince signed! I really want to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! Awesome you got to meet those authors!

Visit My IMM

Lori said...

The event looks Amazing!! I'm happy you made it and didn't get too terribly lost. ;)

Also, enjoy Love at First Sight!! It's great.

Tanya1224 said...

That is amazing guys =) I'm so jealous and happy for you...lol Thanks for sharing your photo for with us that could not go. I hear ya on the finals. My last one is Monday and then I can get back to my reading. School has really took its toll on my reading hobby ;)

Midnight Bloom said...

That is so awesome how you got the chance to meet both of the authors at the event! I met Cassie when she came to Toronto last year, so I'm Michelle Hodkin comes to Canada one day as well! Enjoy you books! :)

DforDarla said...

I'm seriously one of the worst navigators ever too. Get lost pretty much whenever I venture out for a signing. Great books this week!!

Lauren M said...

(*in reference to Darla's comment* She really is. Haha.)

But omg! Yay for meeting Michelle again! She's such a sweetie. :) And it's so awesome that Cassie recognized your blog!

You're going to love Statistical Probability--it's such a cute read!

Brittani said...

I'm so jealous of that signed copy of Clockwork Prince! I wish mine was signed!

My IMM: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-18.html

-Brittani

Janiera said...

Congrats on the signed copy! you got some really great books this week.
 MY IMM

Bibliosaurus Text said...

Sounds like a great book signing! And how awesome that she remembered you :-D

-k said...

Ooooh pretty signed books! And I am insanely jealous that you get to read tSPoLaFS early! I can't wait for that one to come out in January!

Happy reading!

LunaMoth said...

signed books are magickal.
hope you enjoy your books!

http://forevertonowhere.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox.html

~Sara @ Just Another Story said...

I loved Mara Dyer! SO good. I'm jealous you got it signed.

Enjoy your books!

haleyeliseread said...

I am SO SO jealous of your IMM! You got such great stuff hun!!! (:

my imm-http://www.ya-aholic.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-27.html

Giselle said...

Oh mu god you are SO lucky! And you got it signed!? Eeeek! I love the poster! <3

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Asheley (@BookwormAsheley) said...

oh wow, way cool. :)

lisa [the nerd] said...

i LOVE Faye!

and yay for signed books!

Melanie said...

Wow it's so cool you got a chance to meet these writers! That must have been an epic experience.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails