Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Selection by Kiera Cass

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!



The Selection by Kiera Cass

Release Date: April 24, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Preorder: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
icon

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


You might have seen this one in my cover reveal post last week. I've been waiting on this since I first heard about in May, but I was waiting for a cover and a synopsis to do Waiting on Wednesday. I heard this pitched as The Hunger Games meets the story of Esther (in the Bible) at BEA and was immediately SOLD. This is like The Bachelor for princesses and there are castes and secret lovers and rebels and I want this book in my hands RIGHT NOW. Seriously, one of my most highly anticipated reads of 2012. Also, that cover? All I can do is stare O_O

The author also apparently lives in my neck of the woods! It's a small world, Charlie Brown.

Is that cover not to DIE for? What are you waiting on this week?


Speaking of The Hunger Games, have you seen the movie trailer? (OF COURSE you have. But I bet you want an excuse to watch it again, don't you? Go ahead *nudge*)


15 comments:

Anna said...

Ohh this is the second time I've seen this one this week and it looks amazing :) I'm so looking forward to it!

ashelynn hetland said...

i am DYING for THE SELECTION. it sounds so good, and i freaking love the cover! i can't wait for it.

my WOW.

Mocha ღ Latte(Cupcake and a Latte) said...

The Selection sounds wonderful, doesn't it? Wonderful pick!

My WOW:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday32.html

-Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews

Kat said...

I've seen The Selection a couple of times today and it sounds really interesting.

Here's my WOW pick.

Kat
Wit and Sin

Barbara said...

I saw the cover for this someplace and it was like *zing*, gotta have. I love the blurb, it just sounds so good.

My WoW this week

Kim said...

This is probably one of my most anticipated releases of 2012! Excellent pick. And yeah, that Hunger Games trailer leaves you cursing at the release date for being so damn far away!

Kim @ The Paper Planes

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

Thank you so much for the great excuse to watch the trailer again :P

The selection sounds awesome!! Love the cover!!



Feel free to check out my WOW
Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Giselle said...

I will read this for the cover alone... yes!!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Arianna said...

I'm looking forward to this one too! Great pick!

Please check out my WoW!

Carina said...

I want this book. Now. :D Gorgeous cover aaaand amazing summary - I can't wait much longer. Too bad it's only released in April. :( Great pick!

Carina
Fictional Distraction

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love this cover! And the story sounds very enticing. Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST and
MY WEBSITE

Mateja said...

Oh yeah, I really need to read this one. Gorgeous cover!

We Fancy Books said...

Cover reminds me of Burnheads... tho much better lol

Awesome pick!
Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post

Carmel @ Rabid Reads said...

I'm completely infatuated with the cover of Selection. Excellent choice this week; thanks for sharing!

My WOW

Books For All Seasons said...

I like the cover! I think it's pretty!! The book sounds great. Awesome pick! Thank you for sharing!

(Please ignore my last incomplete comment! I'm sorry.)

Sam
Books For All Seasons

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails