Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Had VERY Strong Emotions About


This awesome button was made by Lindsi at BSAOT.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

"Strong emotions" can be anything from crying to laughing to hurling the book across the room. Please excuse the many CAPS about to ensue.


1. The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa: I was like JOY and PAIN and OMGNOOOOO and SOB and SQUEEEEE and AHHHHH.

2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: I was on the edge of my seat by the end, and then THAT CLIFFHANGER? *DEAD*

3. The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle: Cried. Like. A. Baby.

4. Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins: Swooned so hard I think I broke something.

5. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: Me: "Wait... what is she... IS THAT..... SWOON..... OMGOHNOHEDIDN'T.... WTFISGOINGONNNNNNN?!?!?"

6. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater: I kept getting so worked up I had to put the book down, squeal and/or sob for a few minutes, then come back to it.

7. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson: Laughed until I cried, then got freaked out and had to leave the lights on.

8. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. (You know the part I'm talking about. No movie for me. No no no.)

9. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger: I blushed. Hard.

10. Both Chime by Franny Billingsley and Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: "Dear Book, You are beautiful. Your hair is so shiny. I love you so. Be mine forever and ever? XOXO"

11. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling: I sob for the entire last 1/4th of the book EVERY TIME.



What about you? Does it take a lot for a book to work you up?

13 comments:

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

LOVE THIS LIST!
I swoooned over Demonglass too!


Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Allison said...

I'm a Deathly Hallows sobber too, never fails.

The cliffhanger at the end of Delirium really was a doozy, wasn't it?

Also - Beginning of After? AHHH. So many emotions.

great list :)

Chey said...

I really need to read some of these books!

Sophia said...

Delirium and Mara Dyer are on my list as well! I should've added Deathly Hallows; I criiiiiied. Great list!

Sophia
My Top Ten :)

-k said...

AMAZING list! The Beginning of After was so amazing, I completely agree with Breaking Dawn (plus the ending was a cop-out) and The DUFF was just simply fantastic.
I can't bring myself to read Deathly Hallows... I really must one of these days.

Small Review said...

That third Hex Hall book better hurry up and get published so I can read Demonglass (and not have to die with that cliffhanger of an ending I keep hearing about). I need to get in on this Cal swooning.

And I can think of two scenes in Breaking Dawn that make me break out the capital letter EEEWWWWWs. One involves feathers, and the other...the result of that first one. Ew, and the chicken scene for some reason.

Jan von Harz said...

While I did not actually cry at the end of The Deathly Hallows I was shocked dry by it. TUOMD was a real surprise shocker too/ Great list

Kelly said...

Mara Dyer is popping up on a bunch of lists, and I'm realizing I definitely should have put it on mine! It was really creepy!

My Top Ten List

YA Bibliophile said...

My comments on The Name of The Star are nearly identical! Great choices :)

SweetestLittleBookworm said...

I think I sobbed more at The Iron Queen than I did at The Iron Knight...right at around page 120-ish when Ash was giving that hella good speech. You remember the one?

Also, yes Daughter of Smoke and Bone. That book was so darn tootin' good.

~Asheley

nea barabea said...

I totally get it with The Iron Knight!! I had kind of the same emotions! :) I loved it!!

About Forever - Yeah I liked it too! :) It was my favourite of the whole serie :)

Jayme said...

Excluding HP and Demonglass, I haven't read anything on this list BUT I loved seeing Demonglass on here--swoonworthy for sure ;)

A. Knight said...

The Iron Knight was EXTREMELY painful to read. Poor Ash. And WTF was up with that cliffhanger in Delirium!? I felt wronged.

That Demonglass comment- xDDDDDDD
The cliffhanger KILLED me, though.

The Name of the Star - that was more or less my reaction from beginning to end. Johnson just has a way with words, and with people. And just with storytelling in general *lol*

The Duff - gave me sexy dreams. And Wes, gosh, his presence makes me blush hard.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone - I didn't LOVE this, but her hair is magnificent and sleek and pwetty.

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails