Saturday, November 5, 2011

In My Mailbox: October 31 - November 6, 2011


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


For Review:


Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand

Coming January 17, 2012!

Thanks to HarperCollins!

For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought. Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

Described by Richelle Mead as “utterly captivating,” Unearthly received outstanding reviews, garnered accolades from New York Times bestselling authors, and was named an Indie Next Pick. In this heart-wrenching sequel, Cynthia Hand expertly captures the all-consuming joy of first love—and the agony of loss. This beautifully woven tale will appeal to fans of Lauren Kate, Becca Fitzpatrick, and Aprilynne Pike.


Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Coming January 3, 2012!

Thanks to HarperCollins and NetGalley!

Exiled from her comfortable home, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland – called the Death Shop – are slim. Violent energy storms can strike suddenly, and even the very air she breathes might kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He’s wild, dangerous – a savage. He’s also her only hope.

Because Aria alone holds the key to his redemption, Perry needs her, too. Their unlikely alliance will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.

Debut author Veronica Rossi is accumulating fans from all over the globe—the book has already sold to more than twenty countries. It’s not surprising that foreign rights for this title have been flying off the shelf. It’s a tantalizing romance in any language.


Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Thanks to Hyperion and NetGalley!

Some secrets shouldn't be kept...

Up until three months ago, everything in sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades; an okay relationship with her parents; and a pretty cool part-time job at the art studio downtown. But when Ben, the mysterious new guy, starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes anything but ordinary.

Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe the rumors, even when her friends try to convince her otherwise. She's inexplicably drawn to Ben...and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help--but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something... but he's not the only one with a secret.

From the best-selling author of Blue is for Nightmares comes a story of paranormal romance that's sure to be a thrilling and chilling teen favorite.


There was much squeeing and leaping when I opened my mail to find Hallowed this week. Unearthly is by far one of my favorite reads of 2011, and THAT CLIFFHANGER OMG. Hallowed is going on the top of the TBR. I was also really excited to discover Under the Never Sky is on NetGalley! And it's so neat that they're doing backlist titles now!

What's in your mailbox this week?

18 comments:

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

I feel like I'm in the minority cause I haven't read Unearthly :(

But I got Under the Never sky too! You should also check out Everneath it sounds pretty interesting


Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Jess said...

Like Krazzyme,I haven't read Unearhtly either but I plan to !

Under The Never Sky looks like it could be good !

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Oh you guys definitely need to read Unearthly! Soooo good. The heroine is so lovable and the romance is different, IMO, and done really well!

I actually got Everneath a while back, Krazzyme! I'm really looking forward to reading it! :)

Anna said...

I got Under the Never Sky from Netgalley too!! And Deadly Little Secret is awesome :) I hope you love it!!! Awesome stuff!

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Kristina said...

I can't wait till I can get my hands on Hallowed, I have hated having to wait a year to read it.

I'm looking forward to your review

Happy reading.

Ria said...

Envious of your copy of Hallowed! I read and enjoyed the first book more than I expected to, quite honestly, and I know I want to read the sequel to see if the story keeps on being as good as the first one set it up to be.

Can't wait to see your review!

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

I just loved Unearthly and crossing my fingers that Hallowed would be amazing too! I hope you'll enjoy it :)

Valia Lind said...

Oh goodness, I want all 3!!! Lol Cant wait to see what you think of them! Happy reading!

Lisa said...

Great Net Galley week! I am so excited to read them <3

My IMM

Mateja said...

Everyone's been getting Hallowed and Under the Never Sky. Can't wait to read the first reviews. Hope you enjoy your books.

Laura Ashlee said...

So excited about Hallowed! Hope you enjoy!

fivealarmbookreviews.com said...

I have seen a lot of IMM's w/ Hallowed. I am looking forward to what you think of it. I hope that you enjoy all of your books.
My IMM

Just a Lil Lost said...

So many great books! I love the cover of Under the Never Sky!

Michele | IMM

Emma said...

These look amazing. I am so jealous of Hallowed, I can't wait to see how the story progresses! I hope you enjoy your books!

Check out my IMM here.

Emma @ LostinaYAbook

Giselle said...

Great haul! We got a few matching titles here! :)

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Midnight Bloom said...

I'm so excited to read Hallowed and see what happens next after such a twist at the ending for Unearthly. I hope you love it! Happy reading! :)

Asheley (@BookwormAsheley) said...

When all of the buzz about Hallowed started, I put myself on the wait list for Unearthly at my library. I'm NEXT!!! YAY!!!

These all look really great. I have Under the Never Sky and will be reading it this week. I love the cover. :)

nea barabea said...

Ohh Hallowed!! Hope you'll like it!
Happy reading!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails