Saturday, November 12, 2011

In My Mailbox: November 7 - 13, 2011


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


For Review:


Incarnate (#1) by Jodi Meadows

Thanks to HarperCollins Children's and NetGalley!

Coming January 31, 2012!

NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.


Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer

Thanks to Feiwel & Friends and NetGalley!

Coming January 3, 2012!

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.


Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig

Thanks to Katherine Tegen Books and NetGalley!

Coming March 13, 2012!

Willa’s secret plan seems all too simple: take from the rich kids at Valley Prep and give to the poor ones.

Yet Willa’s turn as Robin Hood at her ultra-exclusive high school is anything but. Bilking her “friends”—known to everyone as the Glitterati—without them suspecting a thing is far from easy. Learning how to pick pockets and break into lockers is as difficult as she’d thought it’d be. Delivering care packages to the scholarship girls, who are ostracized just for being from the “wrong” side of town, is way more fun than she’d expected.

The complication Willa didn’t expect, though, is Aidan Murphy, Valley Prep’s most notorious (and gorgeous) ace-degenerate. His mere existence is distracting Willa from what matters most to her: evening the social playing field between the haves and have-nots. There’s no time for crushes and flirting with boys, especially conceited and obnoxious trust-funders like Aidan.

But when the cops start investigating the string of thefts at Valley Prep and the Glitterati begin to seek revenge, could Aidan wind up being the person that Willa trusts most?


I have been DYING to read Incarnate, so I nearly had a fit when I saw Jodi's tweet about it being on NetGalley. Made my week =D I also think Cinder sounds like a really different, original tale, and Pretty Crooked sounds like a fun contemp! I love the Heist Society series, and this kind of reminds me of that -- but with a twist! Hopefully I can put a dent in my TBR over Thanksgiving Break.

Isn't the Incarnate cover to die for? What's in your mailbox this weeK?

18 comments:

Valia Lind said...

I loved Incarnate!!! Enjoy your goodies! :)

Mel said...

Incarnate looks so good - in fact I'm heading over to netgalley to see if I'm able to get hold of a copy! Thanks! :)

Cicely said...

Incarnate looks amazing! I cannot resist that cover. And Cinder looks great!I love the sound of Pretty Crooked too :) Happy reading!

Book Crook Liza said...

OOOH! Incarnate! I just requested this on Netgalley! I had no idea earlier it was even on there! I'm so excited! I have to read Cinder still and Pretty Crooked! :)

Looks like you received some good books this week!

What's in my Mailbox...!

Liza @ Book Crook Liza

Christina T said...

Pretty Crooked sounds like something I'd really like. I hadn't heard of it before.

Andi said...

Hi! I just gave you an award, go here to claim it! http://frommipov.blogspot.com/2011/11/blog-award-tell-me-about-yourself-blog.html

Shanon (Escaping With Fiction) said...

Incarnate & Pretty Crooked look really good, I'm adding them to my wishlist! Cinder definitely looks interesting as well, I'm fascinated by the whole cyborg thing already. Enjoy! =)
My IMM.

-Shanon @ Escaping With Fiction

I Read Banned Books said...

yay for Netgalley!

Jen

Lindsay Cummings author said...

can't wait to read cinder!!


Here's my IMM, puppy style! :) stop by?!
http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Great mailbox! Can't wait to read all three :) Hopefully Cinder will arrive in my mailbox tomorrow!

Here's my IMM

Lori said...

I just finished Cinder last night and Holy Crap was it good! I can't wait to see what you think!

Asheley (@BookwormAsheley) said...

Incarnate and Cinder are two of my absolute favorite books this year. I am so excited for you to read them! I'm pretty sure I smiled all the way through both of them!

Mateja said...

Great IMM. Incarnate is showing up in a lot of IMMs lately. Hope you like it. And Cinder looks totally awesome. Happy reading.

Susanne said...

These books sound great! Happy reading!

Susanne

Just a Lil Lost said...

Love the books you got this week! I've been seeing Pretty Crooked on a lot of people's IMMs! :)

Michele | IMM

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! All books I want to read, especially Cinder.
Enjoy!
My IMM

Giselle said...

Yay! I got Incarnate and Pretty Crooked too! :D

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Kristina said...

Yep I will gladly take your mailbox. Awesome books you got this week. Happy reading

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails