Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!



A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink

Release Date: March 20, 2012
Publisher: Dial BYR
Preorder: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world’s past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.

Michelle Zink masterfully weaves historical fantasy with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal.


I haven't read Prophecy of the Sisters yet -- I know, I know! I really want to and I even own the book, I just haven't gotten there yet. This sounds like such a great read though -- paranormal romance and historical fiction all in one package! Plus secret societies, and guardians of time? How fabulous does this sound??? And she's been unwittingly trained -- I can't wait to see exactly how that played out. How do you train someone to be an angel ninja without them noticing? I'm also intrigued by this childhood-friend-turned-enemy -- especially the "devastatingly handsome" part ;)

Have you read Prophecy? Are you excited for Michelle Zink's new book? What are you waiting on this week?

14 comments:

Kat C said...

I noticed a lot of books taking place in London lately. This looks interesting !

Stephanie (PoetrytoProse.com) said...

I haven't read Prophecy of the Sisters either, but I already have my eye on this one too. It sounds really good and the cover has a certain atmosphere to it...I love it. Great pick!

Tiffany said...

This one sounds really interesting and I like the cover as well. Great pick!

Lisa said...

We're on the same train! I'm so excited for this but haven't yet read the Prophecy series! I've been meaning to for a long time now...will get there one day ;)

Here's my WOW!

Carina said...

I haven't read Prophecy of Sisters yet either, but that series sounds amazing and I want to read this new book even more!

Great pick,
Carina @ Fictional Distraction

Jan von Harz said...

I have Prophecy of the Sisters on my TBR shelf, but have yet to get to either. Have heard nothing but great things about Zink's writing and this one sound amazing. Great pick!

Brittani said...

Great choice!!! I've been seeing this book around lately and it looks really good. I added to my TBR a couple weeks ago.

My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

-Brittani

Giselle said...

I've been eyeing this one for a while as well it sounds very cool! Great pick!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

hilarygraham said...

Looks good. Here's my WoW -- A.C. Gaughen's SCARLET:

http://hilarywgraham.wordpress.com/2011/10/05/waiting-on-wednesday-scarlet-by-a-c-gaughen/

Lauren M said...

I can't wait for this one! It sounds so mysterious and exciting! Plus, gorgeous childhood friend? Sign me up! :)

Demijel said...

Oooh, it's this one~ I've been thinking it looks cool and I've been wanting to read it :) Good pick~

Demi @ Only Somewhat Queer

ashelynn hetland said...

I haven't read Prophecy of the Sisters yet, either, but I am so excited for Temptation of Angels. Love the cover and premise! Can't wait. :)

My WOW.

Lindsay Cummings author said...

i want this one too!!

i follow you here!

here's my WOW post! Stop by and let me know what your fav read has been so far this year!! I also posted a review of my WOW..so technically I guess I already finished with my waiting!

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-review-of-pledge.html

SweetestLittleBookworm said...

I haven't read Prophecy of the Sisters either, and I haven't heard of this book but it looks really exciting. :)

~Asheley

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails