Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Demon of Renaissance Drive by Elizabeth Reuter


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!



The Demon of Renaissance Drive by Elizabeth Reuter

Release Date: November 18, 2011
Publisher: JournalStone 

For one of Hell’s preeminent succubi, life should be sweet...and it is, if you like sulfuric air, political minefields, and crashing boredom. After six thousand years the succubus Annabelle finds relief from her dull life in the companionship of a damned soul named Harry, until the Kings of Hell decide they disapprove of Annabelle and Harry’s bond.

Unfortunately, even escaping to Earth isn’t enough to keep the pair safe. Somewhere between dodging a dangerously inquisitive psychologist and fighting Satanists out for Harry’s life, Annabelle realizes running is no longer an option. She must return home and make a stand.

Whether she survives or not, at least she isn’t bored anymore...


This is different from my usual fare, but I've been thinking I need to mix things up with more adult novels. For some reason, this one in particular caught my eye. I love the description of hell -- "sulfuric air, political minefields, and crashing boredom" -- it sounds like excellent worldbuilding, not just the fires and brimstone you so often see. I'm also intrigued by how she manages to escape Hell with a damned soul in tow. That can't be easy -- and it reminds me a bit of the Orpheus myth. I just always enjoy some Heaven and Hell mythology, and this sounds like an exciting read with a fierce heroine (making a stand against the Kings of Hell? Fierce indeed.) -- a great intro to the genre.

What are you waiting on this week?

5 comments:

Sally Bibrary said...

Definitely sounds interesting - thanks for the tip!

Here's my WOW for this week.

Giselle said...

Oh I love this cover!! I sometimes get an itch for some adult books as well I'll def, check this one out!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Tribute Books Mama said...

Sounds exciting, enjoy!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

Nimue said...

Great pick!
Haven't heard at all about this book. But it does sound pretty amazing. Thanks )

My WoW post

Lindsay Cummings author said...

haven't heard of this one either!! I follow you here, and love the blog! I hope you'll stop by mine and see my WOW pick?! You can also enter my author group's latest giveaway for some signed books, and let me know a book you've tread and loved recently! :)

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails