Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trailer Thursday: Extended Edition


I've been gathering trailers as they appear across the web, but I hadn't found time to post them yet. Since I'm still trying to get back in the swing of things, I thought today would be a good day to share several trailers for new or upcoming releases.


Coming October 25, 2011



The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa: This is a great trailer for a great book. I read it a while back and this absolutely captures the adventure and the intrigue and the darkness of the story. It's so professional too! It looks like a movie or game trailer. I do wish there were voiceovers instead of just type though -- I'm a fan of voiceovers, and who doesn't want to hear Ash's voice? Exactly. But what really seals the deal is Grim at the end. I love me some Grim.

What do you think? Are you excited for this continuation of Ash's story? (You can also check out this Behind the Scenes video of the Iron Knight cover shoot!)


Coming November 1, 2011



Dark Eden by Patrick Carman: I'm really excited to read this one -- especially after watching the trailer. How chilling was that? Those look like torture chambers! And who is the creepy old man that keeps flashing across the screen? I think this definitely conveys the tone of the book. I got chills a few times. The only thing I would change is once again to have voiceovers! Voiceovers make a trailer.

What do you think? Have you checked out the nifty Dark Eden app?


Coming November 29, 2011



Legend by Marie Lu: Yay voiceovers! I love the back and forth between the two points-of-view in the trailer -- I hope the book alternates as well. I also love the very sterile and foreboding images of the "Republic". It definitely gives you a sense of the dystopian element. And mad props to Marie Lu for giving us a fierce female soldier, out to avenge her brother's murder. I'm sold.

What about you? Did this trailer win you over?


In Stores Now



The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson: I love the aesthetics of this trailer! The overlay of the London skyline, the old school newspaper headline, the suspense music. It's just fabulous. If you've seen my review, you know how much I LOVED this book, and this trailer definitely captures its dark side. I wish they could have gotten a little of the humor in there too, though, because both elements are what made the novel so much fun.

Have you read this one yet? What are you waiting for?!


In Stores Now



The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton: The premise of this book is awesome. First of all, yay Victorian London! Second of all, orphaned pickpockets and faerie truces? So much win. I love the kind of sepia overlay in the trailer. It makes it seem old and faded, taking you back 150 years. I also love the model they have for Tiki -- she looks street-hardened and fierce. I would not want to run into her in a dark alley. I wish we'd seen a little more of Faerie though -- but maybe it doesn't come up that much in the book? I hope it does! I love Farerie. I bought this one not too long ago and can't wait to read it! I've been dying for it for AGES.

Have you read The Faerie Ring yet? Does the trailer do it justice?


Coming December 6, 2011



Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare: This is just a teaser for the trailer, but this is one of my most anticipated books of the year so I had to put it in here. I'm sooo excited to read this masquerade ball scene -- masquerades are so much fun! I love how all the actors are wearing masks, so it's still kind of left up to your imagination. Also -- WAS THAT WILL AND TESSA KISSING?! IT BETTER HAVE BEEN WILL AND TESSA! Team Will here, obviously.

Are you dying for this one as well? Are you Team Will?


In Stores Now



Fateful by Claudia Gray: I love the way they did this trailer, with the old school film reel. I also love the claw slashes at the end, and the haunting howl. That tagline is great as well -- "History is rewritten". Did they use that on the book itself? It's great.

Are you a Titanic junkie like myself? Did the trailer draw you in?


In Stores Now



Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver: I saved the best for last. I just watched this one for the first time and OMG I am blown away. I don't think I've ever seen a book trailer with an original song before! How fabulous is that song? It's so haunting and beauitful. And the sketched animation? This is just incredible. It's simple but so intricate at the same time! I can't imagine how long it took to make that. If I wasn't excited to read Liesl and Po before, I sure am now. I think I have a new favorite trailer.

Are you as blown away as I am? Have you read the book? Is it as incredible as the trailer?


I love all of these trailers, but I think Liesl & Po won out in the end. Which one is your favorite?


Don't forget, you can check out the Scorpio Races trailer and enter to win a copy of The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater + a custom bracelet!

2 comments:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

All these trailers! They are amazing. I preordered my Iron Knight yesterday. :) And I have a few here I want, and a few new ones to keep an eye out for. :) Thank you!

Cari said...

LOVED the Name of the Star and Iron Knight trailers!!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails