Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Undeadly by Michele Vail

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!



Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries #1) by Michele Vail

Release Date: February 28, 2012
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Preorder: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
icon

The day I turned 16, my boyfriend-to-be died. I brought him back to life. Then things got a little weird...

Molly Bartolucci wants to blend in, date hottie Rick and keep her zombie-raising abilities on the down-low. Then the god Anubis chooses her to become a reaper-and she accidentally undoes the work of another reaper, Rath.

Within days, she's shipped off to the Nekyia Academy, an elite school that trains the best necromancers in the world. And her personal reaping tutor? Rath. Who seems to hate her guts.

Rath will be watching closely to be sure she completes her first assignment-reaping Rick, the boy who should have died. The boy she still wants to be with.

To make matters worse, students at the academy start turning up catatonic, and accusations fly-against Molly. The only way out of this mess? To go through hell. Literally.


This one sounds like it mixes a lot of my favorite things. First of all, Anubis -- which means Egyptian mythology! I've always been fascinated by Egypt, and I love mythology in general, so this is a double plus. Necromancy seems to be becoming popular these days (my pick last week featured it too), and it's certainly an interesting "art". Boarding schools are always fun, but a necromancer boarding school? Things should get...interesting.


Have you seen any other books featuring necromancy? What are you waiting on this week?

21 comments:

She Known As Jess. said...

OH I want to swoon at the cover. I want this title for sure! <3

Jan von Harz said...

Great new title for me and I am loving it for all the reasons your are. Great pick!

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Oooh, I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds really good. And I love that cover! Great choice :)

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

I didn't know the blurb was up! I've been waiting for this one for AGES!

It sounds so good!


Krazyyme @ Young Readers

chelleyreads said...

haven't heard of this book before but i love the cover and the synopsis. it's going on my wishlist!

my WoW this week.

-michelle

slayra said...

Oh, wow, it sounds great! I love Egypt too and egyptian mythology isn't very common in YA literature yet, so it's pretty cool! I'm adding this one to my wishlist. :D

Hayley said...

hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds like it will be really goo! ;)

Old Follower!

My Wow, http://bookmigik.blogspot.com/

Sherre said...

So many books featured today are giving me the tingles, and this is one of them. I definitely want to read it!!! New Follower!

Check out my WoW here

Sarah said...

ahaha I love the first couple sentences in the description. too funny.

I'm adding this one to my TBR List right now :)

Sarah
That Bookish Girl

Brittani said...

Great pick!! I hadnt heard of this until seeing your WoW but I definitely think its a book I need to add to my TBR list.

My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

-Brittani

Sarah (The Book Life) said...

I put this on my TBR list not so long ago, because the cover was so pretty! Now that I actually know what it is about, I want to read it even more. Great pick :0)

My WOW

ashelynn hetland said...

ooh, this sounds FANTASTIC! just added it to my to-read list. Great pick.

My WOW.

Midnight Bloom said...

Sweet! I was already sold on the idea of reapers being involved in the novel... and now that I've read the actual ploy description, I'm so excited to read Undeadly!

Anna said...

I am definitely definitely waiting for this one!!! not only does it sound amazing, that cover is gorgeous! I can't wait :)

My WoW

Melliane said...

It sounds intriguing, I didn't know this book, thanks for sharing !

eclectophilia said...

This book sounds like it's going to a helluva fun read! (see what I did there? :P ) First I've heard of it but I'm going to keep my eye out for it in bookstores next year.

DJ D. said...

I just heard about this one the other day and it sounds really good! Plus the cover is great :-)

Rubita said...

Chloe in the Darkest Powers trilogy is a necromancer--and I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone. You've probably already read it, though. I'm psyched about the boarding school aspect of this one. Love that stuff.
Ruby

The Happy Booker said...

I'm of two minds with this book. On one hand I just really don't like zombies. But I think I would love the Reaper aspect. It kind of reminds me of that TV show Dead Like Me which I loved. Great choice!

Donna @ The Happy Booker

Casey said...

Great pick! I'm looking forward to reading this one too. And I love the cover, so gorgeous!

BooksforCompany said...

I haven't heard of this one before, thanks!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails