Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!



The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
Release Date: December 8, 2011
Publisher: Razorbill
Preorder: Amazon| Barnes & Noble
icon

Dry, sarcastic, sixteen-year-old Cam Cooper has spent the last seven years in and out hospitals. The last thing she wants to do in the short life she has left is move 1,500 miles away to Promise, Maine - a place known for the miraculous events that occur there. But it's undeniable that strange things happen in Promise: everlasting sunsets; purple dandelions; flamingoes in the frigid Atlantic; an elusive boy named Asher; and finally, a mysterious envelope containing a list of things for Cam to do before she dies. As Cam checks each item off the list, she finally learns to believe - in love, in herself, and even in miracles.

A debut novel from an immensely talented new writer, The Probability of Miracles crackles with wit, romance and humor and will leave readers laughing and crying with each turn of the page.


Apparently I am developing a thing for contemporary (though is this really contemp? With purple dandelions? Anyway...) This sounds like a cute and quirky, yet potentially sad debut. It could go either way, really -- miraculous happy ending or poignant reflection on life and death. Plus, you know I love me some "dry, sarcastic" heroines ;) It kind of sounds like something Sarah Dessen would write, so I am ALL OVER IT.

Also, how fabulous is the name Wendy Wunder?

What are you waiting on this week? Are you also getting tired of paranormal and moving toward more contemporary reads?

24 comments:

LindsayWrites said...

okay, wow, i haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds so cool! like ethereal and stuff :)

here's my post! stop by and let me know what you think of all my choices? :)


http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-lots-of-ya-books.html

Sophia said...

Sounds like Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes! I haven't read that book, but I think the premises are pretty similar. Nice choice this week! :)

My WoW :)

Stephanie (PoetrytoProse.com) said...

Yes! This sounds really amazing and I can't wait to uncover all the magic within the pages. Great pick!

Steph @ Poetry to Prose

KTJ said...

Hi, new follower here!

I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds really good and really sad! Great pick.

-Kate
my WOW: http://nomaliciousreads.blogspot.com

ashelynn hetland said...

Oh, it does sound sad. I might have to add this to my to-read list since I love contemporary. Great pick!

My pick: http://gypsybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

Jan von Harz said...

Yes please I would like this one now!

Christina T said...

I hadn't heard of this but it sounds so promising that I will have to add it to my TBR list. Fantastic pick!

I am finding myself moving away from the paranormal genre. There are still some books that I read but I no longer feel the need to try every new paranormal series out there. They are becoming too similar and the love triangles get on my nerves!

Greta is Erikasbuddy said...

Very cool!! That book sounds great!!

Paranormal Wastelands WoW
http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Zompacolypse is coming. Are you infected?

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

This book sounds really good! I'm definitely going to have to add it to my list!

Crystal (Book Snob) said...

This book sounds really good and really sad too. I also love the cover! Check out my WoW:

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Sash and Em said...

We're excited for this one too!

Here's our WoW

Tia said...

I haven't heard of this! Great pick!

My WoW

Tribute Books Mama said...

Sounds like an interesting choice.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesdy.html

Arianna said...

I hadn't heard about this one, thanks for the suggestion!

Please check out my WOW!

Lauren M said...

I can vouch for this one--The Probability of Miracles is fantastic! I think it's one you'll really enjoy, Casey. :)
My WoW

Emma said...

I do enjoy a good conteporay fiction at the moment also. I will need to add this to my TBR.

Check out my WOW here.

Emma @ LostinaYAbook

Peggy said...

This one looks good! It's on my TBR list!

Peggy
Pawing Through Books

fivealarmbookreviews.com said...

I haven't heard of this before, but it looks mega awesome. Thanks for the intro. My WOW

Casey said...

Great pick! I'm looking forward to reading this one.

Sarah said...

I hadn't heard of this one, but like you I'm all about the sarcasm, so I'll have to check it out! Purple dandelions would be so cool :0)

Sarah @ The Book Life

Book Crook Liza said...

This is definitely going on my TBR list! This sounds really interesting!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh new one to me. And does sound really interesting. Hope you get and enjoy it. :) Thank you!

girlsinthestacks.com said...

I have this one, just haven't read it yet...if it's sad I might stay away longer, lol.

As for me (stacy), no not moving towards contemp. I love fantasy, paranormal and historical too much!!

steve said...

It is really nice to hear your discussion on specific topic here. I too agree with your points here. keep posting good blogs. Thanks.

Register Domain

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails