Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Sequels I'm Dying to Read

This awesome button was made by Lindsi at BSAOT.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


This week's Top Ten features all the sequels that we're dying to read -- whether because the first book was JUST THAT AMAZING or because there was a GINORMOUS CLIFFHANGER (y'all know about I feel about those). There will probably be more than 10 of these. You have been warned.


1. Mara Dyer #2 by Michelle Hodkin: 2012. If you've read Mara Dyer, you KNOW why. If you haven't, you will soon (September 27! Squee!). The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer has got to be the hugest cliffhanger OF ALL TIME. Michelle Hodkin, you are evil. (I say that with much love.)

2. Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare: December 6, 2011. The end of Clockwork Angel toyed with my feelings for one Will Herondale, and then TOTALLY left me hanging. The agony! I have to know more! Victorian London and Supernatural Things and Sexy Boys Named Will = the Triple Crown of Awesome.

3. Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand: January 24, 2012. Not only did Unearthly have a crazy cliffhanger, but it was one of the most authentic teen voices I've read -- despite the fact that the MC is an angel! That takes skills.

4. Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver: March 6, 2012. Delirium might give Mara Dyer a run for its money in the category of "Hugest Cliffhanger of All Time." Are you sensing a theme?

5. A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters #2) by Kelly Keaton: February 21, 2012. I LOVED Darkness Becomes Her. It had a bit of a cliffhanger, but mostly I just can't wait to read more of this awesome series!

6. Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3) by Kiersten White: 2012. Another series I Love with a capital L. Paranormalcy and Supernaturally rocked my socks. I guess threequels count in this?

7. Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer: January 24, 2012. I have to know how it ends! Nightshade was such an intelligent, unique blend of history and mythology and dystopia, while Wolfsbane definitely upped the ante in terms of drama!

8. Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins: March 13, 2012. Demonglass was even better than Hex Hall, so I have high hopes that Spell Bound is going to blow my mind.

9. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth: April 28, 2012. Divergent wrapped up nicely, I thought, so I'm really curious to see where Roth takes her phenomenal bestselling series.

10. Last Rite (Personal Demons #3) by Lisa Desrochers: May 2012. I HAVE TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS for Luc and Gabe and Frannie! 'Cause lots of shenanigans went down in Original Sin O_O

11. Embers & Echoes (Wildefire #2) by Karsten Knight: 2012. Wildefire was so unique and funny and just generally fierce. Plus, Holy Cliffhanger, Batman!

12. Shades of London #2 by Maureen Johnson: 2012? Another series that pushes a lot of my buttons -- London and ghosts and funny girls, FTW.

13. Daughter of Smoke and Bone #2 by Laini Taylor: 2012? Is there going to be a sequel? THERE BETTER BE!

14. Stolen Nights (Vampire Queen #2) by Rebecca Maizel: April 6, 2012. Infinite Days was such a fun take on the vampire genre and the epilogue featured a surprise appearance by my favorite character, so I can't wait to see more of their story! And I've been waiting on this sequel forEVER.



What about you? Did any of these make your list? Do you hate cliffhangers as much as I do?

22 comments:

Sophia said...

Cliffhangers absolutely KILL ME. I completely agree with Pandemonium and Insurgent. I am dying to have them! Great list! :)

Sarah said...

So many good books, so many evil cliffhangers! I can't wait for Spell Bound, seriously pining for that one! Hallowed and A Beautiful Evil are must haves, too! Excellent List :0)

Sarah @ The Book Life

Tiffany said...

I second Mara Dyer #2

1girl2manybooks said...

I had Pandemonium and Insurgent on my list too... I've heard awesome things about Daughter of Smoke and Bone so now I also have to look out for a possible sequel as well!

Anne Bennett said...

I must read Delirium and Divergent, every one raves about them.

Book Crook Liza said...

I really want to read the first Mara Dyer and Infernal Devices books! Still haven't gotten around to those yet. I've read Nightshade and I have Wolfsbane, just haven't read it yet. I was looking around on ebay last night and saw an arc of Bloodrose with the bid at $50. O_O Ahaha!

I'm really excited for Hallowed! It's on my list too!

Jan von Harz said...

Spell Bound should have made my list but I totally blank on remembering it and actually did not even know that the title and the cover was out. I have not yet read The Unbecoming of Mara-Dyer, but based on Lori's review and your advice I am very excited about getting to soon. Great list!

Selina said...

I definitely have some cliffhanger books on my list as well. And Insurgent and Pandemonium also made it in my top 10 :)

Christina T said...

Fantastic list! I definitely agree with you about Demonglass and can't wait to get my hands on Spell Bound. I've also got Insurgent, Clockwork Prince, and Pandemonium on my list. I'm looking forward to Hallowed too.

Jessica Lawlor said...

Completely agree about PANDEMONIUM and INSURGENT. These two sequels are DEFINITELY topping my 2012 must read list.

mermaidvision said...

I totally agree with Shades of London and Pandemonium! Though I haven't read Name of the Star yet, and am not likely to for a while since my library isn't going to carry it :/

Michelle @ Book Briefs said...

cliffhangers are the worst. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I love your blog and I just added your blog button to my new blog roll page.

-Michelle @ Book Briefs

Lauren M said...

OMG, Mara Dyer #2! It's a bummer that we'll have to wait so long! :(
I agree with all of your picks! :)

kathy said...

I love how you put more than 10! There's a lot of really good books coming out. :) I like a good cliffhanger when all of the books are already out, but when I have to wait months for the next one it drives me crazy.
I'm excited to read Clockwork Prince and Endlessly, too.

Amber Griffiths said...

I love the Hex Hall series! I can't wait to read Spell Bound either.

Books of Amber

lisa :) said...

Your list makes me realize how many new series I've been meaning to check out!

Clockwork Prince was the only choice we had in common. I think I'm in the minority but I sort of wish Delirium was a standalone novel. I suppose I'm interested to read what comes next but I also really like the idea of everything ending the way it did. The tone of the book seemed overall pretty dark so the ending, to me at least, seemed appropriate.

danya said...

Yes to Hallowed, Spell Bound and Insurgent! I have to read Supernaturally first but I'm pretty sure that after I do I will totally be anticipating Endlessly. Must read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer sometime soon too!

LethalLovely said...

Great picks! There are quite a few of them where the first books are on my TBR.

Aleksandra said...

Great picks :) Also, I'm starting to hate cliffhangers, too ;)

turn-the-page.net said...

Great picks! I love cliffhangers - but only if the next book is out soon lol :D

My Top Tenthis week

Amy @ Turn the Page

Angelica Joy said...

OMG I didn't even know half of the titles of these books!!! For example I didn't know that the titles were already released for Nightshade and Paranormalcy 3 LOL wow pity it's not released till 2012 :(

Here's my Top Ten Tuesday 

The Book Vixen said...

I'm waiting for Pandemonium as well. That was quite a cliffhanger ending in Delirium!

I need to read the Paranormalcy series. I've heard great things about about it.

I still need to read Wolfsbane!

I also can't wait for Spell Bound. I agree with you 100%; I liked Hex Hall and loved Demonglass even more.

Yes! I need Insurgent now!!

Great list!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails