|This awesome button was made by Lindsi at BSAOT.|
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week's Top Ten features all the sequels that we're dying to read -- whether because the first book was JUST THAT AMAZING or because there was a GINORMOUS CLIFFHANGER (y'all know about I feel about those). There will probably be more than 10 of these. You have been warned.
1. Mara Dyer #2 by Michelle Hodkin: 2012. If you've read Mara Dyer, you KNOW why. If you haven't, you will soon (September 27! Squee!). The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer has got to be the hugest cliffhanger OF ALL TIME. Michelle Hodkin, you are evil. (I say that with much love.)
Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare: December 6, 2011. The end of Clockwork Angel toyed with my feelings for one Will Herondale, and then TOTALLY left me hanging. The agony! I have to know more! Victorian London and Supernatural Things and Sexy Boys Named Will = the Triple Crown of Awesome.
3. Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand: January 24, 2012. Not only did Unearthly have a crazy cliffhanger, but it was one of the most authentic teen voices I've read -- despite the fact that the MC is an angel! That takes skills.
4. Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver: March 6, 2012. Delirium might give Mara Dyer a run for its money in the category of "Hugest Cliffhanger of All Time." Are you sensing a theme?
A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters #2) by Kelly Keaton: February 21, 2012. I LOVED Darkness Becomes Her. It had a bit of a cliffhanger, but mostly I just can't wait to read more of this awesome series!
6. Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3) by Kiersten White: 2012. Another series I Love with a capital L. Paranormalcy and Supernaturally rocked my socks. I guess threequels count in this?
7. Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer: January 24, 2012. I have to know how it ends! Nightshade was such an intelligent, unique blend of history and mythology and dystopia, while Wolfsbane definitely upped the ante in terms of drama!
Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins: March 13, 2012. Demonglass was even better than Hex Hall, so I have high hopes that Spell Bound is going to blow my mind.
9. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth: April 28, 2012. Divergent wrapped up nicely, I thought, so I'm really curious to see where Roth takes her phenomenal bestselling series.
10. Last Rite (Personal Demons #3) by Lisa Desrochers: May 2012. I HAVE TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS for Luc and Gabe and Frannie! 'Cause lots of shenanigans went down in Original Sin O_O
11. Embers & Echoes (Wildefire #2) by Karsten Knight: 2012. Wildefire was so unique and funny and just generally fierce. Plus, Holy Cliffhanger, Batman!
12. Shades of London #2 by Maureen Johnson: 2012? Another series that pushes a lot of my buttons -- London and ghosts and funny girls, FTW.
13. Daughter of Smoke and Bone #2 by Laini Taylor: 2012? Is there going to be a sequel? THERE BETTER BE!
14. Stolen Nights (Vampire Queen #2) by Rebecca Maizel: April 6, 2012. Infinite Days was such a fun take on the vampire genre and the epilogue featured a surprise appearance by my favorite character, so I can't wait to see more of their story! And I've been waiting on this sequel forEVER.
What about you? Did any of these make your list? Do you hate cliffhangers as much as I do?