Last Monday, I reviewed my most highly anticipated book of the year, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. Today, Michelle is stopping by to play a game with us as part of the Mara Madness Blog Tour!
At the age of sixteen, Michelle Hodkin lost the rights to her soul in a poker game with pirates just south of Natchez. Shortly thereafter, she joined an acting troupe and traveled the world performing feats of wonder and mischief. She has been seen on stages nationwide and earned rave reviews for her one woman performance of Titus Andronicus before writing THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER, her first novel. Michelle currently lives with her three pets and may or may not be a reliable narrator of her own life.
Some of you may be familiar with 2 Truths and a Lie (if you've ever gone to summer camp or been a freshman in college). Michelle will be giving us 3 statements each about herself, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Noah Shaw and Mara Dyer -- two of which will be true, one of which will be a LIE. Then you, dear reader, will identify the lie. The more lies you correctly identify, the more entries you will get to win a preorder of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer!
- Use THIS FORM to submit your answers. Do NOT leave your answers in the comments!
- You get +1 entry just for playing, with each correct response earning you another entry (max entries: 5)
- This contest is open internationally wherever Book Depository ships (check the list)
- Following/commenting/sharing this giveaway are not required, but appreciated
- Ends 9/19 at 11:59 pm EST (so I can order the book in time for it to arrive on release day!)
- One winner will be chosen via Random.org
- Please review my giveaway policy
Two truths and a lie about Michelle Hodkin:
1) When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be a veterinarian.
2) My high school musical obsession was Marilyn Manson
3) My bedroom growing up had pink lace curtains, pink rose wall paper, and a chandelier dripping with pink roses.
Two truths and a lie about the book:
1) The first words of fiction I ever wrote were the first words of THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER.
2) Those words ended up becoming the first paragraph of the book.
3) The original first chapter began with Mara’s mother dropping her off at her first day at her new school.
Two truths and a lie about Mara Dyer:
1) Mara’s eye color is never mentioned.
2) Her house in Miami is modeled after the house I grew up in.
3) Mara and I are both afraid of heights.
Two truths and a lie about Noah Shaw:
1) Noah has blond hair.
2) Noah’s last name was originally “Dyer.”
3) He was inspired by a real person.
Use THIS FORM to submit your answers!
The correct answers will be revealed and explained when the winner is announced on September 20th!
Thanks so much to Michelle for taking the time to play!
But wait, there's more!
As part of the Mara Madness tour, there is a huge Scavenger Hunt Giveaway going on!
Each stop on the tour (21 blogs total) will be posting a letter. The letters spell out an important line from the book, but even those who haven't read the book should be able to piece it together. Once you have all the pieces, submit your answer HERE. The last day to enter is the last day of the tour, 9/30 at midnight. The answer will be posted at Books Complete Me on 10/3. TWO people will win SIGNED finished copies of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer!
Today's letter is: r