Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cover Art Revealed (3)



On Friday, EW.com revealed the cover art for Insurgent, the sequel to Veronica Roth's bestselling debut Divergent. Check it out:

Coming May 2012!


One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

I LOVED Divergent, so I'm really excited for this sequel. I really love the cover motif they have going on -- it doesn't make sense until you read the book and then you go "OHHHH". This is really pretty -- I love the swirling tree, even if I'm not sure what it means.


Alethea Kontis recently revealed the cover for her upcoming novel Enchanted. Check it out:

Coming May 8, 2012!


It isn’t easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true.

When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises.

The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past—and hers?

This sounds like a fun fairy tale, and I think the cover is very fitting. Beautiful dress, magical twirls and flowers, a girl who looks like Sleeping Beauty -- pretty!


I also happened across the cover for Allegiance, the sequel to Legacy by Cayla Kluver. Check it out:

Coming February 28, 2012!


No description yet.

I love this cover! It's so fairy tale and beautiful and I love how it's kind of faded, like an old photograph or a brief glimpse into another world. I really need to read this series!


Saundra Mitchell revealed The Springsweet, the sequel to The Vespertine. Check it out:

Coming April 17, 2012!


It’s a long way from Baltimore to Oklahoma Territory. But Zora Stewart will go any distance to put the tragic events of her sixteenth summer behind her. So this city girl heads to the tiny frontier town of West Glory to help her young widowed aunt keep her homestead going.

When another Baltimorean shows up in West Glory, Zora couldn’t be more surprised. Theo de la Croix made the long trip out west hoping to court Zora, whom he has long admired from afar.

But Zora has developed an attraction to a rather less respectable fellow: Emerson Birch, a rough-mannered young "sooner" whose fertile land is coveted.

As Zora begins to suspect that there may be more than luck behind Emerson’s good land, she discovers an extraordinary, astonishing power of her own: the ability to sense water under the parched earth. When her aunt hires her out as a "springsweet" to advise other settlers where to dig their wells, Zora feels the burden of holding the key to something so essential to survival in this unforgiving land.< Even more, she finds herself longing for love the way the prairie thirsts for water. Maybe, in the wildness of the territories, Zora can finally move beyond simply surviving and start living.

Another series I need to read. I think I preferred The Vespertine cover, just because it was darker and more mysterious. I do like that this one kind of evokes hope -- springtime and sunshine. And another pretty dress =)


Which of these covers is your favorite? I think I'm going to have to say Allegiance -- it's just so romantic. Have you read any of these series? Which book are you most looking forward to?

8 comments:

roro said...

great covers, book3 ver fairy talish

SweetMarie83 said...

These covers are amazing! I think my favorite is Allegiance, too. The Springsweet comes a close second though. I won The Vespertine awhile back and haven't had time to read it yet.

Nancy Kelley said...

I think the swirl of fire on the cover of Divergent was supposed to be the symbol for Dauntless, so maybe the tree is the symbol for Abnegation (willingness to let go of oneself...)? If this is a trilogy, it seems that part of her journey is accepting all three parts of who she is. Book 1 was about being Dauntless, so book 2 might follow one of the other factions.

SO EXCITED to see the cover! Thanks for posting, Casey. :) Now for the day I can pre-order it for my Kindle.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

enchanted and allegiance look awesome!! off to add them to my to read list!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh I love the look of Insergent. :) I need to get to Divergent sitting here staring at me though. :) Great new covers. Thank you for sharing them.

Lindsay Cummings author said...

dang, these covers are all freakin gorgeous!!!
stop by my blog! i have some original stock photos i found that were made into book covers!

http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

Jan von Harz said...

Loving the Insurgent cover, cannot wait for the book!

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

@SweetMarie -- I haven't read The Vespertine yet either! I wasn't sure if it was my cup of tea, but everyone seemed to enjoy it, so I need to get to it! Hope you enjoy!

@Nancy -- I kind of thought that too, since book 1 was the Dauntless symbol, but I couldn't remember what the Abnegation symbol was. I was wondering where Veronica Roth would take the series after Divergent, so it'll be interesting if Insurgent takes place in Abnegation! I'd like to see one set in each faction -- so 5 in total? But I think you're right, it is a trilogy.

@Melissa -- Ahh you definitely need to read Divergent! SO GOOD!

@Jan -- Me either!! May 2012?!?!? What's that about??? Gah!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails