Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!

Coming January 2, 2012!


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18B. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


Ok, I don't believe in love at first sight at all, but I have to admit it's a nice fantasy. As someone who spends a lot of time in airports, I certainly wouldn't balk if a cute British guy just happened to be sitting next to me. This sounds like a fun, quirky read a la Anna and the French Kiss -- and we all know how much we loved that one. It also seems like an interesting look at chance and timing and twists of fate. Who knows, maybe it'll even change my mind about that first sight thing... ;)

What about you? Do you believe in love at first sight? What are you waiting on this week?

15 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great pick! I'm excited for this one, definitely sounds like my kind of book :)

Cecilia said...

sounds like a great book!
http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

Oh, I'm so excited for this one! Great pick!

Check out what I'm waiting for!

Selina said...

So waiting for this one too. Love everything about it: the cover, the title and the description. Great pick!

I hope you check out my WOW too!

Sarah said...

new follower :)

this looks like an awesome book! I will have to check it out!

check out my waiting on Wednesday!
http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-5-temptation-of.html

Anna said...

This sounds adorable! I'm definitely putting it on my list. I'm a new follower. Please check out my W.o.W.!

Laura (The Zealous Reader) said...

Great choice! I don't believe in love at first sight but it's adorable to read about. Always a happy ending!

Here's my WOW: http://bit.ly/re4PgY

Yani {AvidReader} said...

I am dying to read this one too! Too bad the publishers haven't gotten back to me with my request :(

AliyaPM said...

I added this to my list last week when I first heard about it. It sounds adorable! Can't wait for it. Great pick!

My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-glow.html

Lauren M said...

I'm not sure if I believe in love at first sight or not, but this book sounds totally adorable! I'm excited to read it. :)

Sally said...

Great pick. Looking forward to this one too!
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

danya said...

This was one of my WoWs a while ago! It sounds super cute and I love that it takes place over just 24 hours. Looks like it'll be a fresh addition to contemp YA!

Karen said...

This does look like a good one! I am eagerly anticipating it.

KristinCanRead said...

Sounds great! New Follower here! My Waiting on Wednesday Post!

Lisa (starmetal_oak) said...

Sounds cute!

Here's my WoW

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails