Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: In Honor by Jessi Kirby


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!


Coming May 8, 2012!


In Honor by Jessi Kirby

Honor receives her brother's last letter from Iraq thee days after learning that he died, and opens it the day his fellow Marines lay the flag over his casket. Its contents are a complete shock: concert tickets to see Kyra Kelly, her favorite pop star and Finn's celebrity crush. In his letter, he jokingly charged Honor with the task of telling Kyra Kelly that he was in love with her.

Grief-stricken and determined to grant Finn's last request, she rushes to leave immediately. But she only gets as far as the driveway before running into Rusty, Finn's best friend since third grade and his polar opposite. She hasn't seen him in ages, thanks to a falling out between the two guys, but Rusty is much the same as Honor remembers him: arrogant, stubborn. . . and ruggedly good looking. Neither one is what the other would ever look for in a road trip partner, but the two of them set off together, on a voyage that makes sense only because it doesn't. Along the way, they find small and sometimes surprising ways to ease their shared loss and honor Finn--but when shocking truths are revealed at the end of the road, will either of them be able to cope with the consequences?


I loved Jessi Kirby's debut novel Moonglass, so I fully intend to read everything she writes. This sounds like another amazing book in the making. First of all, it's a timely topic. Second of all -- road trip! Nothing says summer like a road trip romance. I just love the line about how it "makes sense only because it doesn't." And what are these shocking truths revealed at the end?? I didn't realize the synopsis was heading in that direction until it got there. Intrigue!

Have you read Moonglass? Are you excited for Jessi Kirby's sophomore novel?

7 comments:

Hafsah @ IceyBooks said...

This definitely sounds like it will be a fun roadtrip! Can't wait :)

My post will be up tomorrow, be sure to stop by!

Midnight Bloom said...

This is my first time hearing about In Honor but it sounds really good. I'm sure I'll be sad reading it, but who can also resist a road trip novel? Thanks Casey! I'm adding this one to my TBR right now! :)

Tiffany said...

I'm excited about this one. It sounds so good and definitely seems like my type of read :)

Bookish Brunette said...

Oooh I hadn't heard of this one! It looks AWESOME chick!!

My Wow Post!

ashelynn hetland said...

This book keeps getting WoW'd this week. It's a good thing I already had it on my to-read list! I can't wait to read it. Sounds so interesting.

Great pick!

My WoW: http://gypsybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

AliyaPM said...

I REALLY want to read Moonglass AND In Honor. They both sound great. Nice pick!
I see you're reading Witch Eyes. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I'm really looking forward to it coming out!

My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html

Sally said...

Great pick. Can't wait to read this one!
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails