Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Fall TBR Picks

This awesome button was made by Lindsi at BSAOT.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Today's Top Ten are the books at the top of our TBR for Fall 2011. This is going to be hard -- a ton of great books are coming out this fall! This year, the Fall Equinox is September 23 and the Winter Solstice is December 22, so I'll be listing books released between those dates.

1. Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare (December 6): Clockwork Angel is one of my favorite books, and it ended on a total cliffhanger. I'm lusting after Will er-- the sequel so hard.

2. The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff (November 15): I loved the dark vibe of Brenna's debut The Replacement, and this book sounds even more AMAZEBALLS.

3. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (September 29): OBVIOUSLY! Who didn't love Anna?

4. Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber (November 1): "The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde." Sold!

5. The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton (September 27): Victorian London + Faeries = Love.

6. My Beating Teenage Heart by C. K. Kelly Martin (September 27): I find books about the afterlife fascinating and, more often than not, heartbreaking. This book sounds beautiful.

7. The Always War by Margaret Peterson Haddix (November 15): War always provides a lot of subject matter, and this sounds like a very different kind of dystopian.

8. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (October 18): Maggie Stiefvater. 'Nuff said.

9. Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber (October 25): This sounds like such a fun, fast-paced read. And, bonus! Male protagonist.

10: Eve by Anna Carey (October 4): I'm intrigued by the fact that she has to learn to trust men, and curious as to what terrible secret her world holds -- is the title an allusion to the biblical Adam and Eve? That would be interesting new subject matter for YA.



I've already read a few books that would have been on this list, so I don't want to leave them out. Shoutout to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (September 27), Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (September 27), The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa (October 25), and The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (September 29)!



Are any of these on your TBR?

12 comments:

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Of course, Lola! I'm dying to read it. I'm feeling positive about it though, because I started ardently counting down when there were more than 100 days to release. So the little countdown is looking a bit better these days. But yah, I couldn't resist putting it on my list as well, even though everyone under the moon seems to be dying to read it, haha.

Book Crook Liza said...

Lots of good books listed here! I haven't started the Infernal Devices series yet, but I have the first book sitting in my house! I really need to get around to reading it!

I *can't wait* for The Scorpio Races!

Jamie said...

OMG Casey! LOLA was sooo good. I want to read it over and over again. I loved it more than Anna but I've heard some people say the opposite.

I didn't put Eve on my list but I am super excited for that one as well! I got The Scorpio Races at BEA as well so I'm hoping to get that read soon. And I reallyyy need to read something by Cassandra Clare. Everyone loves her it seems!

Here's my top ten books for Fall

Cara said...

your list is basically my list. so many great books coming out this fall! :)

Christine Rains said...

Clockwork Angel is on my TBR list. A few of the ones you have there nabbed my attention. So many books, so little time!

кєяo said...

Old follower stopping by. You have all great books on your list. I want to read Clockwork Prince too, it's not in my Top 10 TBR though.

My Top 10

danya said...

I'm looking forward to Darker Still and The Faerie Ring as well! And of course, Lola :D I still need to read The Replacement (I have it sitting on my shelf!)

LethalLovely said...

Very nice! More books to add to my overgrown TBR shelves. *sigh* So many books, so little time.

Sophia said...

Super great list! :) It seems everyone on the planet has read Anna and the French Kiss but me. :( Sigh. Ah well. I'm also wanting to read Eve. :)

-Sophia
The Book Basement
My Top Ten :)

rockyriverteenlibrarian said...

Great List! I just ordered Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick for my library. Love Infernal Devices and Lola is on my list too. Here is the rest of my TBR:http://wp.me/pzUn5-yg

Lauren M said...

Okay, having read The Faerie Ring, I can vouch for its awesomeness. I think you're going to like it quite a bit! :)
Otherwise, I completely agree with your list! The Space Between, Clockwork Prince...so many good books! :D

Tia said...

You could have wrote this list for me! I totally agree with you! Great list!

Tia @ Falling For Books

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails