|This awesome button was made by Lindsi at BSAOT.|
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Today's Top Ten are the books at the top of our TBR for Fall 2011. This is going to be hard -- a ton of great books are coming out this fall! This year, the Fall Equinox is September 23 and the Winter Solstice is December 22, so I'll be listing books released between those dates.
Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare (December 6): Clockwork Angel is one of my favorite books, and it ended on a total cliffhanger. I'm lusting after
2. The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff (November 15): I loved the dark vibe of Brenna's debut The Replacement, and this book sounds even more AMAZEBALLS.
3. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (September 29): OBVIOUSLY! Who didn't love Anna?
4. Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber (November 1): "The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde." Sold!
The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton (September 27): Victorian London + Faeries = Love.
6. My Beating Teenage Heart by C. K. Kelly Martin (September 27): I find books about the afterlife fascinating and, more often than not, heartbreaking. This book sounds beautiful.
7. The Always War by Margaret Peterson Haddix (November 15): War always provides a lot of subject matter, and this sounds like a very different kind of dystopian.
8. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (October 18): Maggie Stiefvater. 'Nuff said.
Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber (October 25): This sounds like such a fun, fast-paced read. And, bonus! Male protagonist.
10: Eve by Anna Carey (October 4): I'm intrigued by the fact that she has to learn to trust men, and curious as to what terrible secret her world holds -- is the title an allusion to the biblical Adam and Eve? That would be interesting new subject matter for YA.
I've already read a few books that would have been on this list, so I don't want to leave them out. Shoutout to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (September 27), Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (September 27), The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa (October 25), and The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (September 29)!
Are any of these on your TBR?