Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I would Die to Meet


This awesome button was made by Lindsi at BSAOT.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's Top Ten is a freebie, so I'm using it to do the topic from July 12 that I was sad I missed -- ten authors I would die to meet, living or dead. This list is going to be harder after BEA =D


1. Jane Austen: You've probably noticed I'm a total Austen junkie. I would love to meet her and answer the age old question of whether she was really conservative, or a closet radical. Also: Darcy or Wentworth or Knightley?

2. Charlotte Bronte: Up there with Austen on my teen-girl-idol-o-meter.

3. Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games is my favorite book EVER. The standard by which every other book is measured.

4. J. K. Rowling: Um, obviously?

5. William Shakespeare: The most prolific writer and literary genius of all time. He seems almost mythical to me. I mean, can you imagine meeting Shakespeare?

6. Rachel Hawkins: Funniest woman alive. She would be amazeballs to hang out with.

7. Kristin Cashore: Graceling is a close second to The Hunger Games.

8. Virginia Woolf: I want to know why she walked into the sea. Why did so many 20th century authors commit suicide?

9. Franny Billingsley: I cannot even fathom the kind of genius that created Chime. I have to meet this woman.

10. Laini Taylor: Daughter of Smoke and Bone = one of my new favorite books. Beautiful, intricate, imaginative.









What about you? Who would you die to meet?


7 comments:

MILLICENT said...

I am not sure about the "die to meet" threshold. I guess I take it way too literally.

My list would have to include:

Oscar Wilde
Voltaire
Dante Alighieri
Eudora Welty
Leonardo DaVinci
Edgar Allan Poe
Lord Byron
Anais Nin
Douglas Adams
A. A. Milne

Jan von Harz said...

You have several authors on your list that I would love to meet too and a few more recent authors whose books I have not read but am thinking I need to including Chime! Great list.

Christine Rains said...

I'd like to meet several authors on that list too. I would have to add Stephen King and Neil Gaiman to mine.

confessionsofacommonreader said...

Great list! i'd love to meet a few others as well, Neil Gaiman, Ray Bradbury, Helen Hanff, Pat Conroy.. oh man, the list is endless. I would def like to attack hug JK Rowling.

Lauren M said...

After reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I DEFINITELY agree with you about Laini Taylor. Homegirl's a fantastic writer!
Great list! :)

Rummanah Aasi said...

I would have love to meet the following authors:

1. Emily Bronte
2. Kurt Vonnegut
3. J.D. Salinger
4. F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. Sylvia Plath

There are also ones you listed that I would love to meet as well! Great list and topic. :)

Lindsi said...

I would LOVE to meet J.K. Rowling and Suzanne Collins! Rachel Hawkins is hilarious :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails