Saturday, August 6, 2011

In My Mailbox: August 1 - 7, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


For Review:


Possess by Gretchen McNeil

Thanks to Allison at Balzer + Bray!

Coming August 23, 2011!

Fifteen-year-old Bridget Liu just wants to be left alone: by her mom, by the cute son of a local police sergeant, and by the eerie voices she can suddenly and inexplicably hear. Unfortunately for Bridget, it turns out the voices are demons – and Bridget has the rare ability to banish them back to whatever hell they came from.

Terrified to tell people about her new power, Bridget confides in a local priest who enlists her help in increasingly dangerous cases of demonic possession. But just as she is starting to come to terms with her new power, Bridget receives a startling message from one of the demons. Now Bridget must unlock the secret to the demons' plan before someone close to her winds up dead – or worse, the human vessel of a demon king.


In the Forests of the Night (Goblin Wars #2) by Kersten Hamilton

Thanks to Kersten Hamilton and Clarion Books!

Coming November 22, 2011!

Teagan, Finn, and Aiden have rescued Tea's and Aiden's father and have made it out of Mag Mell alive, bringing a few new friends with them. But The Dark Man's forces are hot on their heels. Back in Chicago, Teagan soon realizes that she is not the target of the goblins. In fact, the goblins call her princess, and call her to come out and play. Something is happening to her, and she suspects it’s an infection she picked up in Mag Mell. An infected cat-sídhe becomes her test subject, and Teagan is determined to cure it of the sickness that seems to rot its flesh. If she can find a cure for the cat-sídhe, then maybe there is hope for her.

Meanwhile, Kyle and Isabeau, Teagan’s goblin cousins, show up in her school, disguised as a substitute teacher and a foreign exchange student. They are sure she will come back to Mag Mell, as goblin blood is never passive. Once awoken, it will burn away every other aspect of her being, leaving her pure and solely goblin. When the process is complete, she will belong to Fear Doirich, the Dark Man. It is just a matter of time. In the meantime, Kyle and Isabeau are happy to entertain themselves by trying to seduce, kidnap, or kill Teagan’s family and friends.

Tea knows she doesn’t have much time left, and she refuses to leave Finn to be hunted to the death or her family to be tortured and killed. A wild Stormrider, born to rule and reign, is growing stronger inside her, but as long as she can hold on, she’s still Teagan Wylltson, who plans to be a veterinarian and who heals the sick and hurting. The disease that’s destroying her—that’s destroying them all—has a name: Fear Doirich.

And Teagan Wylltson is not going to let him win.


The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees

Thanks to Harlequin Teen and NetGalley!

Coming September 27, 2011!

I’m Juliet.

At least, I wanted to be.

So I did something stupid to make it happen.

Well, stupid and wonderful.

I wanted the role of Juliet more than anything. I studied hard. I gave a great reading for it—even with Bobby checking me out the whole time. I deserved the part.

I didn’t get it. So I decided to level the playing field, though I actually might have leveled the whole play. You see, since there aren’t any Success in Getting to Be Juliet in Your High School Play spells, I thought I’d cast the next best—a Fame spell. Good idea, right?

Yeah. Instead of bringing me a little fame, it brought me someone a little famous. Shakespeare. Well, Edmund Shakespeare. William’s younger brother.

Good thing he’s sweet and enthusiastic about helping me with the play...and—ahem—maybe a little bit hot. But he’s from the past. Way past. Cars amaze him—cars! And cell phones? Ugh.

Still, there’s something about him that’s making my eyes go star-crossed....

Will Romeo steal her heart before time steals him away?


I WoWed Possess back in March and have been dying to read it ever since, so I can't wait to get started! I also LOVED the first Goblin Wars book, Tyger Tyger (it was one of my top 10 last year) and have been praying the sequel turned up on NetGalley, so I was thrilled when Kersten emailed me. I also love Shakespeare, so The Juliet Spell sounds like a cute, fun read -- a nice change of pace from some of the darker books I've been reading lately.

What's in your mailbox this week?

18 comments:

Lauren M said...

I really enjoyed Possess--hopefully you will, too! :) And I'm really interested in The Juliet Spell. It sounds cute!

Tiffany said...

Great books! Possess sounds really good :)

Ria said...

I talked to Kersten Hamilton a little while ago, and she said she'd be sending me a copy of "In the Forests of the Night." I'm really looking forward to it arriving; I enjoyed the first book a lot and want to know how the story will continue.

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

Possess sounds so awesome! I hope you enjoy all your great reads!

Kat said...

Ooh, I'd love to get my hands on the In the Forests of Night! I really enjoyed Tyger Tyger as well. Possess sounds really interesting-- I haven't read much about it. Great mailbox, and hope you enjoy. :)

Kristina said...

I finished The Juliet Spell last week and it was adorable! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

Kristina
http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Possess looks fantastic. Enjoy! :)

Here's my IMM

Precious said...

I'm so curious about Possess! It looks haunting. I loved Tyger, Tyger so much. I'm really looking forward to getting my copy of In The Forests of the Night!

Happy reading!

Here's my IMM post.

Laura (The Zealous Reader) said...

The Juliet Spell sounds awesome! Can't wait to read it when it comes out. I'll definitely check back to see if you like it.

Here's my IMM: http://bit.ly/ouffrP

Hafsah @ IceyBooks said...

I loved Possess (reviewed it just the other day). I haven't read the Tyger, Tyger but book two sounds awesome. Enjoy!

chelleyreads said...

possess looks really good. i really want to read that. i've heard of the goblin wars series and want to read it too. enjoy :)

My IMM this week.

-Michelle

Liz said...

Nice IMM! I have a review copy of POSSESS in my TBR stack and it looks awesome. I can't wait to get to it.

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

I'm curious about Posses it sounds great! Happy reading, hope you love them all :D

Bailey said...

I am actually reading Possess right now! It is pretty good with a smokin' hot guy. ;) The Juliet Spell looks too cute and I am looking forward to reading In The Forests of The Night. =)

My IMM

LoriStrongin said...

Ditto that Juliet Spell sounds fun! Sometimes it's nice to read more on the fluffy side and leave the angst behind for a bit. I'm looking forward to reading more of your impressions on it!


Smiles!
Lori

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh I'm looking forward to Kersten Hamilton's book as well! :) I'm hoping to see it here soon as well. Hope you have a great week!

Erica said...

Those all look super great - I simply cannot wait for Into the Forests of the Night! Enjoy your books :)

Small Review said...

ooooh I can't wait to hear what you think of Possess! I've been super hyping it in my head.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails