Saturday, August 20, 2011

In My Mailbox: August 15 - 21, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.

For Review:


The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

Thanks to Disney-Hyperion and NetGalley!

Coming January 24, 2012!

It starts with an itch you just can't shake. Then comes a fever and a tickle in your throat. A few days later, you'll be blabbing your secrets and chatting with strangers like they’re old friends. Three more, and the paranoid hallucinations kick in.

And then you're dead.

When a deadly virus begins to sweep through sixteen-year-old Kaelyn’s community, the government quarantines her island—no one can leave, and no one can come back.

Those still healthy must fight for dwindling supplies, or lose all chance of survival. As everything familiar comes crashing down, Kaelyn joins forces with a former rival and discovers a new love in the midst of heartbreak. When the virus starts to rob her of friends and family, she clings to the belief that there must be a way to save the people she holds dearest.

Because how will she go on if there isn't?

Megan Crewe crafts a powerful and gripping exploration of self-preservation, first love, and hope. Poignant and dizzying, this heart-wrenching story of one girl’s bravery and unbeatable spirit will leave readers fervently awaiting the next book in this standout new series.



The Shattering by Karen Healey

Thanks to Little Brown and NetGalley!

Coming September 5, 2011!

Seventeen-year-old Keri likes to plan for every possibility. She knows what to do if you break an arm, or get caught in an earthquake or fire. But she wasn't prepared for her brother's suicide, and his death has left her shattered with grief. When her childhood friend Janna tells her it was murder, not suicide, Keri wants to believe her. After all, Janna's brother died under similar circumstances years ago, and Janna insists a visiting tourist, Sione, who also lost a brother to apparent suicide that year, has helped her find some answers.

As the three dig deeper, disturbing facts begin to pile up: one boy killed every year; all older brothers; all had spent New Year's Eve in the idyllic town of Summerton. But when their search for the serial killer takes an unexpected turn, suspicion is cast on those they trust the most.

As secrets shatter around them, can they save the next victim? Or will they become victims themselves?


I was so excited for The Way We Fall from the first moment I heard about it -- so I did a happy dance when I saw it on NetGalley. It sounds soooo good! The Shattering also sounds very mysterious -- like Cryer's Cross and The Body Finder all rolled into one.

What's in your mailbox this week?

19 comments:

Amber said...

The Shattering sounds fantastic!!

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

I have to agree that The Shattering sounds great!
Here is my IMM for this week.

Valia Lind said...

Oh both of those look great!!! Happy reading! :)

Aylee said...

Dang, these both sound so good! Hope you enjoy them both!

Midnight Bloom said...

Great mailbox!! The Way We Fall sounds so good and I haven't heard too much about The Shattering yet, so I'll definitely be looking forward to hearing what you thought about it. Happy reading, Casey! :)

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

I loveddd 'The Way We Fall' & 'The Shattering' sounds super interesting.

Enjoy! =)

Kristina said...

I haven't heard about either of those books, I will have to look into them. Can't wait to hear what you think about them. Happy reading.

http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-23.html

Rubita said...

I wasn't able to get into Guardian of the Dead, but I think The Shattering sounds pretty interesting. If nothing else, it should have an awesome setting. I'm perfectly willing to give Karen Healey a second chance!

Cyndi M. said...

Both of these look great! I really like the covers :)

Scarlett said...

Haven't heard a lot about these yet but hope you like them!

Here’s my IMM!

Siobhán @ Totally Bookalicious said...

Both books sounds great, enjoy

Totally Bookalicious IMM

justalillost said...

I hear The Shattering is good! I've seen it on a few others' lists too :)

Enjoy!

Here's my IMM!

Lost In Literature said...

The Way We Fall sounds awesome. Enjoy! :)

Lisa @ Lost in Literature
In My Mailbox

heavenisabookstore said...

Well, both of these sound fantastic. Have you read Twenty Boy Summer? It has a slightly similar plot as Shattering.

Jennifer said...

Nice list of books this week. The Shattering is definitely a book I'm dying to read. Can't wait to see what you think of it.

LunaMoth said...

nice IMM, i hope you enjoy your books! the shattering looks good.

http://forevertonowhere.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox_21.html

ashelynn hetland said...

I'm right in the middle of The Shattering and love the multiple points of views. I also have The Way We Fall, just haven't read it yet. Enjoy!

Lauren M said...

I am definitely jealous of The Way We Fall! I requested it like a month ago, and still haven't been approved. :( Anyway! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these books! :)

LoriStrongin said...

Definitely want to hear your thoughts on The Way We Fall. Sounds intriguing! I'll be on the lookout for your review!


Smiles!
Lori

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails