Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Fracture by Megan Miranda

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!


Coming January 3, 2012!


Fracture by Megan Miranda

Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine—despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she’s far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can’t control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she’s reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy’s motives aren’t quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature—or something much more frightening?

For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.


This synopsis is just so dramatic -- eleven minutes, heart stopped beating, brain stopped working, dead. It pulled me in right away. Then, just when you think it's going to be a ghost story, ta-dah! She's alive! And with some freaky new abilities, no less. I'm intrigued by whether this Troy Varga is something more sinister than a happenstance ally -- I mean, how likely is it that two people with these crazy coma-induced abilities will just run into each other by chance? This sounds like a very haunting and emotional story, and I can't wait to check it out! Plus, I adore debut authors.

What are you waiting on this week?

22 comments:

Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

This one looks so good!

Tiffany said...

Great pick! This one sounds really interesting.

Cara said...

I'm waiting for this one as well! That synopsis. Holy carp. One of the best jacket summaries I've ever read.

We Fancy Books said...

This books looks and sounds awesome! looking forward for this one...

here's my W.o.W post

Era Penera @ We Fancy Books

Carissa said...

I'm loving the sound of this one!

Thanks for sharing with us!

My WoW: This Dark Endeavor

On the Blog: Interview+Giveaway: Justin Gustainis: Hard Spell

Sharon said...

This one sounds great! thank-you for sharing.

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice week :)

Holly Castor said...

Hey, new follower.

This book looks amazing.

Don't be a stranger
In-Interest

Jan von Harz said...

I am anxious to read this one too as it just sounds so original and mysterious. Great pick!

Rie Conley said...

Geez! January is simply too far away for a book that sounds this good! Added to my TBR!

Rie @ Mission to Read

turn-the-page.net said...

Good choice! I hadn't heard of this one and it does sound great! I love the cover as well :)

Here's my WoW this week.

Amy @ Turn the Page

Kai @ Amaterasureads said...

I just added this book on my wishlist and I agree with you, it sounds so dramatic and intriguing at the same time. Great pick :)

Check out my Waiting on Wednesday picks!

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

I only heard about this one today, but already I'm PINING for it! Great choice!

Check out my WOW this week!

Greta is Erikasbuddy said...

That sounds very cool!! I want to read it :)

Paranormal Wasteland's WoW:
http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday_27.html

Lauren M said...

I'm looking forward to reading Fracture as well! I love the concept!

Laura (The Zealous Reader) said...

Such an original premise! I can't wait to read Fracture. Great choice!

Here's my WOW: http://bit.ly/nJxD5B

FDS Demo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tawni said...

Oooh this sounds so great! Thanks for putting it on my radar :)

AliyaPM said...

I heard about this book last week and think it sounds really great! Nice choice!

My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-unbecoming-of-mara.html

abookandashortlatte1 said...

Hadn't heard of it, but sounds interesting.

Here's mine:
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/widget/5117495-shortlatte?v=2

Sash and Em said...

This one looks so good!!

new follower!

Check mine out! Sash's WoW

Lauren B said...

Sounds like a wonderful read and I love the cover.
Here's my Waiting post.

Sally said...

Great pick. Looking forward to this one too!
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-29.html

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails