Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!


Coming September 15, 2011!


As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott

Ava is welcomed home from the hospital by a doting mother, lively friends, and a crush finally beginning to show interest. There's only one problem: Ava can't remember any of them - and can't shake the eerie feeling that she's not who they say she is.

Ava struggles to break through her amnesiac haze as she goes through the motions of high-school life, but the memories that surface take place in a very different world, where Ava and familiar-faced friends are under constant scrutiny and no one can be trusted. Ava doesn't know what to make of these visions, or of the boy who is at the center of them all, until he reappears in her life and offers answers . . . but only in exchange for her trust.


First of all, how amazing is that cover? I happened across this as I was shopping for Elizabeth Scott books last week and was completely devastated that it doesn't come out till September! I don't know what to make of this synopsis. At first it sounds like a really interesting look at a girl's struggle with amnesia, but then it gets much darker -- she's not who they say she is? Was she kidnapped? What caused her amnesia? PTSD (a la Mara Dyer)? And THEN it gets kind of dystopian or maybe mental ward-ish? They were under constant scrutiny? And to top it all off, there's a mysterious boy. I'm really getting into this kind of mystery thriller thing, and it seems like something totally different from Elizabeth Scott. I can't wait to find out the answers to my many, many questions!

What's your favorite Elizabeth Scott book? What are you waiting on this week?

21 comments:

Aylee said...

Wow! This is the first I've heard of this and it sounds absolutely intriguing (and it has a beautiful cover to boot!)! Thanks for putting this one on my radar!

My WOW

Tiffany said...

Great pick! This one sounds really good and I like the cover :)

Mocha ღ Latte said...

I've passed this title quite a few times on blogs, it's got me interested. Great pick!

Here's my W.O.W : http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday13.html

-Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

Kai @ Amaterasureads said...

I love Elizabeth Scott's writing so I'm really excited for this book as well. Great pick! :)

Check out my Waiting on Wednesday picks!

Jenny said...

I love Elizabeth Scott and I'm totally impatient for this book, as well. And I can't seem to resist covers with orange on them, either. Awesome pick!

Chelsey @ Starry Sky Books said...

I've never read anything by Elizabeth Scott, but this sounds awesome. I'm definitely giving it a try when it comes out. Great pick!

My WoW!

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

<3 the cover too!
I think it'll end up being something to do with the CIA or something!


My WoW

Selina said...

I sounds very mysterious and I am intrigued! Great pick!

Check out my WOW for this week!

Precious said...

This sounds great! I have it in my wishlist too! I hope we get this from Galley Grab soon!

Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

Christina T said...

I think this sounds fantastic and it is something a little different from Elizabeth Scott's usual type of book. Great pick!

Jan von Harz said...

Am very excited about this one too. Cover lust got me first, but the summary spiked my reader's reflex even more. Great pick!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I haven't read this author, but this synopsis is tempting me...and that cover is awesome!

Here's MY WOW POST

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Stealing Heaven is my fav of hers! I can't wait for this one either!

Arianna said...

It so interesting that there's a whole bunch of books that revolve around amnesia coming out. Looks good though!

Please check out my post!

Meg @ A Bookish Affair said...

I haven't read anything by Elizabeth Scott. I'm going to the library tonight so maybe it's time to rectify that!

Cecilia said...

every book I have seen this Wednesday have been so beautiful!!
I just want them all!!!
http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

Tribute Books Mama said...

Great cover and book.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Sally said...

Love Elizabeth Scott. Can't wait for this one. My fav so far is Perfect You which I have read four times already.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

Under the Covers said...

I loved the idea of this one, it sounds really good. Definitely one to look out for!

My WoW

Suzanne @ Under the Covers

Bookish Brunette said...

I TOTALLY want this one, and I am IN LOVE with the cover!!!!

Scarlett said...

the hair on this cover is seriously crazy! Good choice!

Here’s my WOW!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails