Thursday, July 21, 2011

Trailer Thursday: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


Last week, the cover art for Tahereh Mafi's upcoming dystopian debut Shatter Me was unveiled. This week, I thought I'd share the trailer for this highly anticipated release:


Coming November 15, 2011!




While I normally prefer people and voices in trailers, I like what they're doing with the text and numbers here. I think the way that a line is written and then crossed out really conveys the main character's struggle with her situation, and I'm really excited to see her grow from thinking of her ability as a "curse" to thinking of it as a "gift." This is set to be a really powerful coming-of-age story. I just wish they'd had voice-overs saying these lines rather than just writing them out -- it would have been even more effective.

What do you think? Does this trailer make you want to read Shatter Me?

4 comments:

Cara said...

I think this is my favorite book trailer ever. I wish they would've used the same color scheme for the cover. It's brilliant! Thanks for sharing! :)

Diva Schuyler said...

I just got major chills! I love that they didn't show faces, actually. I don't like to get a picture of a character in my head from trailers (or covers, either). The music is haunting and lovely.

Like you, I think it's cool that she comes to think of her power as a gift. I'm so looking forward to this book!!!

Lauren M said...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of videos that just involve text and dramatic music. I like live-action stuff! (Or at least, like you said, a voice over would be nice)
Still, the trailer does pique curiosity, I think.

danya said...

I like the music and the cross-out effect, definitely. But yeah, I'm thinking a voice-over might've worked to give us more sense of the main character's tone & personality. Still, it does capture my attention!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails