Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Candidates by Inara Scott



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



I spun around, not recognizing the voice behind me. Then my mouth dropped open. It was the dark-haired kid I had crashed a car to protect. Except now he looked anything but scared. ~p. 50


This book is a lot different than I expected, and I'm intrigued to see where the story goes. Also? Gorgeous cover.

8 comments:

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

Love your teaser!



Young Readers

Christin said...

Wow, I love that cover! And what a great teaser - I'm going to have to add this to my to-read list!

My Teaser

LunaMoth said...

sounds twilight-esque
actually i read this book but dont remember much of it.

http://forevertonowhere.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday_26.html

Cara said...

I've heard a lot about this and your teaser definitely makes me want to read it. And I agree about the cover, it's fabulous. Thanks for sharing! :)

My teaser is here.

Lauren M said...

Whoa! Now that is a great teaser! I've been meaning to get around to reading The Candidates, so thanks for reminding me about it! :p

Tiffany said...

Great teaser! I read this book awhile back and really enjoyed it :)

Jessilyn (YA Book Haven) said...

I definitely wanna know more about that kid now, great pick.

Here is My Teaser!

Christine Rains said...

Good teaser! Mine is from A Dance With Dragons this week.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails