Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon: Day 3


Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

Well, today was rather unproductive. I stayed up way too late last night finishing Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey, so it took me a while to get moving this morning -- then I got caught up in all the excitement of the Julie Kagawa Livestream. I still had a blast in the readathon, and I might have my own personal readathon for the rest of the week since I'm in the spirit ;)

Books Read:

I read half of The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa today, and I'll probably stay up late again finishing it. I know it wasn't on my list, but it just hit NetGalley today and I almost hyperventilated.


Mini-Challenges:

Wicked Awesome Books asked us to play matchmaker with two characters from different books.

I think I would like to pair... 

+

They're both kind of wild and world-weary and a little bit broken, and neither of them would hesitate to give the other a kick in the butt when it was called for.


Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing asked us to recommend two books to her.

1. Any book: Chime by Franny Billingsley. You will never read another book like this one. It practically breathes magic and mystery and incredible language. Beautiful.

2. Favorite from the readathon: OMG THAT IS SO HARD. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater or The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa...Forever or Iron Knight....Maggie or Julie....BUT I LOVE THEM BOTH SO MUCH! I guess, since I haven't finished The Iron Knight yet, I will go with Forever by Maggie Stiefvater. But really, you should read them both.


Last call to enter my mini-challenge! It ends at midnight EST.


A HUGE thank you to the ladies at Pure Imagination, Reading Angel and Candace's Book Blog for hosting this awesome readathon and inviting me to host a mini-challenge. It's been a blast!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Ari and Cole would be so good for each other! :) I need to go request The Iron Knight...what am I waiting for???

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I am awed by your willpower O_O I leapt out of bed and lunged for my laptop when I found out it was up yesterday morning LOL

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Does look like you had a great time with the read-a-thon. ANd read some amazing books! :) Thanks and glad you enjoyed.

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

Thanks for participating in the Matchmaker mini challenge!!

I love Ari and even though I haven't read Linger yet, I think Cole could easily become one of my favorite werewolves. And everyone could use a good kick in the butt every once in a while :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails