Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon: Day 2



Once Upon a Read-a-Thon


Books Read:

Today I started Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey, and I'll probably finish it before I go to bed. I don't know how people read more than one book a day...of course, it might help if I got up before noon *cough*


Mini-Challenges:

YA Bliss asked us to name our top 3 love triangles. Wow, this is hard...ok, here goes:

1. Ash and Puck from The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa: I am solidly Team Puck -- who doesn't love a guy who's stood by you through it all, knows you better than you know yourself and can make you laugh? But Ash definitely gets major swoony points. Those two scenes in Iron Queen?! *dies*

2. Gabriel, Justin and Nate from Clarity by Kim Harrington: In my opinion, there are 3 viable options in that book, and Kim made me totally invest in each one. Gabriel's got that smokin' bad boy charm, Justin's got the appeal of an old flame, and Nate has the cute best friend vibe going on.

3. Tucker and Christian from Unearthly by Cynthia Hand: I think this is a really unusual love triangle, which is weird because it's one of the most authentic I've read. Christian has that sexy, mysterious appeal, while Tucker is the boy who annoys you but you secretly kind of love. And FOR ONCE, Option #2 actually stands a chance! Hallelujah!

Honorable mentions:

Rhode, Vicken and Justin from Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel: Rhode isn't really even in the book and he STILL won my heart.

Gabe and Luc from Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers: I'm like Frannie -- totally Team Luc until Gabe comes around, and then I'm feeling the ménage à trois.


The other challenge for today was hosted by me! You can check it out and play along here.

4 comments:

The Bibliophile said...

I have no idea how people finish more than one book a day either. I'm reading as fast as I can!

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

I rarely read more than one book per day, even during readathons. I'd like to, but I honestly cannot sit still for that long and focus on words. I need to move around some too.

I love that you included Nate from Clarity. I really thought I was the only person who saw him as an option with the other two, more obvious choices there. Nate just stuck out to me though. I <3 him!

And Tucker from Unearthly makes me swoon. I'm for Tucker 100%.

Lori said...

I somehow forgot about Rhode and Justin!! I love them...I need that second book asap!

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

@Nikki -- I'm always a fan of the best-friend-turned-lover thing a la Puck, Jacob, Nate, Jay etc ;)

@Lori -- OMG I KNOW! When they pushed the release date back, part of my soul died =(

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails