Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cover Art Revealed: Truth (XVI #2) by Julia Karr

Julia Karr recently revealed the cover art for Truth, the sequel to her 2011 YA dystopian debut XVI. Check it out:

Coming January 19, 2012!


***Contails Spoilers for XVI***

Nina Oberon’s life has changed enormously in the last few months. When her mother was killed, Nina discovered the truth about her father, the leader of the Resistance. And now she sports the same Governing Council–ordered tattoo of XVI on her wrist that all sixteen-year-old girls have. The one that announces to the world that she is easy prey to predators. But Nina won’t be anyone’s stereotype. And when she joins an organization of girls working within the Resistance, she knows that they can put an end to one of the most terrifying secret programs the GC has ever conceived. Because the truth always comes out . . . and the consequences can be deadly.


I loved XVI, so I'm really excited for Truth! The word cut-out covers for the series really work, I think. I especially loved the first one, because the sharp angles of "XVI" looked like they were cutting into Nina -- which is a great metaphor for the book. The only thing I'm not sure about with this cover is her expression -- is she smug? Wary? It just doesn't seem quite right, considering how dark the series is. All the white kind of reminds me of the new Uglies series covers too.

Here's the XVI cover for comparison:



What do you think? Have you read XVI?

4 comments:

Selina said...

Nice one! I loved XVI and I can't wait for the second book. I prefer the cover of the first book because of the sharp edges, the cover of the second book is a bit so so.

Jessica Subject said...

What a wonderful cover! Suits the series so well. Can't wait to read this one too.

Katie said...

I LOVED XVI. Dystopians are so awesome, if not a little too common now but I still love them. I don't know about the cover, it is pretty awesome...she looks a little scared. Thanks for posting this!

thekams said...

Loved XVI! I'm so excited for Truth, and I really like the cover. I'm glad they kept with the same overall feel of the first one.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails