Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cover Art Revealed: Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins

On Wednesday, Rachel Hawkins revealed the cover art for the third and final book in the Hex Hall trilogy, Spell Bound. Check it out:

Coming March 13, 2012!



I love how this cover combines elements from the first two, and how consistent they are throughout the series (even down to the random cat...). Also, fierce sword there, Soph! o_O As Rachel Hawkins pointed out in her reveal post, Sophie's also wearing a Hecate Hell uniform in the reflected image...does that mean she returns to the school that started it all before the series ends? I hope so! We've come full circle =)

The books in this trilogy just keep getting better, so the conclusion is sure to be killer! I am DYING to get my hands on it after the cliffhangery torture of Demonglass.

Here are the other two covers for comparison:


What do you think? Which Hex Hall cover is your favorite? I think mine is still Demonglass.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Demon Glass is my favorite as well.
But have you noticed that the person in the pond is never Sophie? Lady in Green on the first cover? Alice.
Lady in White on the second? Not Sophie.

The reflection thing seems to be about people she comes to identify with. To depend on. So, maybe instead of going back, she has to depend on the people there to accomplish her goals?

The Slowest Bookworm said...

OOOh, I like it! I think I like this better than the other two and this cover series is certainly nicer than the new UK covers.

danya said...

LOL, it's true, they are consistent with that random cat! I am really liking the awesome sword she's got there.

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

@Tricia -- NO! I hadn't noticed that! Are you sure? Cause they all look an awful lot like Soph. *eyeballs covers*

@The Slowest Bookworm -- I think I've only seen the first UK cover. I'll have to check the others out! Have you seen the Bulgarian cover? O_O

@danya -- I'm seriously hoping there's a cat in this last book, just so Rachel Hawkins can be like SEE WHAT I DID THERE??

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails