Friday, July 22, 2011

Cover Art Revealed: Perception (Clarity #2) by Kim Harrington

Kim Harrington recently revealed the cover art and synopsis for Perception, the sequel to her fantastic YA debut Clarity. Check it out:

Coming March 2012!

This hotly anticipated sequel to CLARITY delivers another dark, paranormal mystery.

When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you?

Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.

Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.

But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?

One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared.


I think this is a very ethereal cover, to go with the psychic aspect of the series. It also looks very dangerous -- the model seems scared, and that tagline ("Someone's watching") is creepy! O_O I didn't notice until just now that the background of the first book was the ocean, and now here we have the forest! I think the forest is much more visually striking (obviously, since I never noticed the ocean...) and according to Kim Harrington, this cover portrays a specific scene in the book! Those circling birds seem kind of menacing, don't you think?

Here's the Clarity cover for comparison:



I loved Kim's debut novel and can't wait to get my hands on the sequel! How about you? Have you read Clarity?

5 comments:

fiction-books said...

Hi Casey,

Love the cover art on the new book, much more 'complete' somehow than that of the first book, although the eyes of the girl in 'Clarity' are very arresting almost spooky.

Not an author I am familiar with, but may check out at some stage.

Yvonne

Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

I have to say, I love this cover. Even more than the first one. I can't wait for this book!

The Slowest Bookworm said...

I haven't read Clarity yet, but I do have it on my bookshelf and the cover is amazing! I really like this one too. I don't think it's quite as gorgeous as Clarity, but not far off!

Jan von Harz said...

Have been awaiting this since I finish the last page of Clarity. Just saw the cover on Kim's website and am psyched that it is getting closer to the release.

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

@Yvonne -- I definitely recommend Clarity! It was a fun read with the dark streak of "murder mystery" ;)

@Kapri -- I can't wait either! Especially after the fortune teller thing in Clarity!

@The Slowest Bookworm -- I think the stark covers definitely stand out amid YA covers. I hope you enjoy Clarity when you get to it!

@Jan von Harz -- I can't wait either! Kim is awesome =)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails