Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cover Art Revealed: Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver

Earlier this week, Lauren Oliver revealed the cover art for Pandemonium, the sequel to her highly popular dystopian novel Delirium. Check it out:

Coming March 6, 2012!

Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free.

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Full of danger, forbidden romance, and exquisite writing, Lauren Oliver’s sequel to Delirium races forward at a breathtaking pace and is sure to appeal to fans who crave the high-stakes action of The Hunger Games and the bittersweet love story of Romeo & Juliet.


This cover is based on the redesigned, special edition Delirium cover (hitting shelves August 2, 2011) rather than the original cover design for the series:




Though the original cover was a cool concept, I don't think it had the same impact. I didn't realize there was a girl behind the cut out until I'd seen the cover about a hundred times. I think the new covers are much prettier and more ethereal, to go with the Amor Deliria Nervosa theme. I also love the bright orange colors on the Pandemonium cover -- Lena looks wilder and more free. If you've read the first book, I think the color change from blue to orange also has a deeper significance ;) And can I just say how much I love the title Pandemonium? It sounds like it's going to be an exciting book -- and with that cliffhanger at the end of Delirium, I cannot WAIT to get my hands on it!

What do you think? Do you like the redesigned covers?

3 comments:

Laura Ashlee said...

Wow. I'm so excited! I loved Delirium.

Bookish Brunette said...

It's gorgeous!

Ria said...

I don't really like the redesign. Personally, I thought the original cover style stood out because it was so centred on the words, with a person in the background, which not only fit with the themes of the book itself but also made it rather different than most of the books on the shelves right now. The redesign brings an attractive design but leaves it looking like any number of other books surrounding it, with little to distinguish it on first glance. I wish they'd kept the old style.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails