Friday, July 22, 2011

Calling All Librarians!


I'm approaching my senior year of college (eep!), so lately I've been thinking about the various career paths I might take. One of the options I'm considering is being a librarian, and I've come to realize that I actually don't know all that much about what librarians do. I thought it might be interesting for my readers (as well as helpful for me) to interview a few librarians around the book blogosphere. So...

If you're a librarian and are willing/would like to be interviewed, please shoot me an email! In your email, please include what kind of librarian you are (teen, acquisitions, school, public, etc) so that I can try to tailor my questions to your experience.

I'd also love to interview other book professionals -- publishers, publicists, agents, book buyers, book sellers, etc. So if your job has anything to do with books and you'd like to participate, please email me!

Thanks! I really look forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I do NOT recommend going to library school. I'm almost done with my MLIS, and there really aren't any jobs out there. I know librarians who have been stuck in library assistant positions for YEARS.

I would love to be a librarian, but I so wish I had saved my money. I wish someone had told me to do something else with my life...

*sigh*

When you interview librarians could you ask them what they think about the current job market in libraries?

Ria said...

I plan on starting a library technician course this coming January. It's not quite as cool as being a librarian, but it gives me access to a better job market than what I've got right now, and incorporates all of the stuff that I amounted to the reason I wanted to be a librarian as a kid in the first place! It may not be glamourous, but I think it's better suited to me than my current line of work, so I'm going to go for it!

barmybex said...

Great idea.
I work as a Library Assistant, but have been thinking about training as a librarian for ages. Hope you get a good response. :D

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails