Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!


Coming September 29, 2011!


Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

“You’re going to fall in love with Lola and the Boy Next Door. Madly in love! Every page sparkles.”
— Sarah Mlynowski, author of Bras & Brookmsticks and Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn’t Have)

Let's face it -- we're all waiting on this one, aren't we? I'm scrambling to get caught up on my review-writing -- one of which will be for Anna and the French Kiss, which was fun and flirty and full of swoon. It sounds like Stephanie Perkins' sophomore novel will be no less fabulous. Lola seems positively quirky, and what do we love more than a quirky heroine? Nothing! Well, except for hot rocker boyfriends ;) And this Cricket is BETTER than Hot Rocker? AND an inventor? AND named Cricket? I have seriously got to meet him! What is so dreaded about these twins? Is the sister a Mean Girl? I can't wait to find out -- you know we've all had a thing for the boy-next-door at one time or another ;)

There were a lot of questions in my ramblings, weren't there? Are you waiting on this one? Of course you are! Have you read Anna and the French Kiss?

22 comments:

Lauren M said...

Yes! A THOUSAND TIMES YES. I can't wait for Lola! I'm so jealous of the people who already have a copy. :P September isn't too far away, though!

Cecilia said...

I love a good love story!

http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

Anti-Drug Reads said...

This looks pretty interesting; might need to pick this up when it hits the shelves. I would love if you checked out my WoW too!

Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I quickly became a NEW follower.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

Sharon said...

I have seen this on a few sites now, it is a popular choice :)

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice week.

bookdout said...

Thanks for sharing your pick! This is a popular choice this week!


Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
www.bookdout.wordpress.com

Nikki said...

Seeing a lot of this one around! I want your "currently reading" book as well.

New follower!

Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

I still haven't read Anna yet but I will have to do that before Lola is released :)

Jan von Harz said...

Loved Perkins first book which is enough to have me anxious to read this one too. Great pick!

Felicia said...

Oh my God I'm having a mini spazzing session here in front of my computer! Stephanie Perkins is such a fabulous author, I loved Anna and the French Kiss :D Plus this book's summary sounds so cute! And the cover...I'm just drooling now.

Sorry forthis mini fangirl tirade. Awesome pick!

My WoW

Felicia @ A Novel Paradise

Christina T said...

I loved Anna and the French Kiss but I admit that I am a little worried that I won't like this one as much. I will still read it though with hope :)

Lori said...

Oh Lola, I can't wait to read you! I think I might already love Cricket....sigh.

Lori said...

BUT I think Noah Shaw has ruined me....I will never love anyone as much as him....*huge sigh*

Baggins said...

I can't wait to read Lola! I loved Anna & the French Kiss! Great pick!

Kai @ Amaterasureads said...

I loved Ana so much waiting for Lola hurts. I am so jealous of those who've got to read this in advance. Definitely waiting for Lola! Great pick :)

Check out my WoW picks here

Greta is Erikasbuddy said...

THat sounds cute!!

Check out our WoW, and while your there don't miss out on a couple of great giveaways and events HERE, and HERE!!

Beth S. said...

This book is like the Holy Grail of ARCs for me. I desperately want to get my hands on it NOW.

Tribute Books Mama said...

enjoy! your pick, sounds good.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_22.html

Alissa said...

WANT!

But first I need to read Anna and the French Kiss.

Missie said...

Ms. Lola is a super popular choice.

My WoW

Sally said...

I cannot wait for this one! September seems so far away.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

Christina (Christinareadsya) said...

I agree with you!! Also, Cricket as a name for the guy is quite an interesting choice, and Lola actually... but with Ms. Perkins, I know she'll pull that choice off. Lovelovelove her ability at creating romantic tension!

Cricket > Hot Rocker already because we don't even have Hot Rocker's name :D.
-Christina Reads YA

BookGeek said...

This sounds like a GREAT book! I still need to read Anna and the French Kiss, but I'll get around to it before this baby hits.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails