Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!

Coming November 1, 2011!


Darker Still (Magic Most Foul #1) by Leanna Renee Hieber

The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...

Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.

"The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde." What?! Yes, please! Seriously, could you ask for a better comparison? Lords and Golden Age New York, dark magic and possessed bodies? This book sounds so atmospheric! Why is Natalie the only one who can help him? Who is possessing his body and why was he trapped in the painting? How long has he been there? So many questions!

What future release are you waiting on this Wednesday?

17 comments:

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

Not only does this sound interesting but I'm a total sucker for covers with dresses. :)

Shari said...

this does sound very intriguing I'll be looking for it. Shari over at myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one sounds intriguing...thanks for sharing!

Here's MY WOW POST

Aleetha said...

Darm magic in the year 1882. Does it means there is witch inside?

My WOW

Precious said...

I'm so excited for this one! :) I've just found out about it a week ago!

Here's my waiting on wednesday post.

Jan von Harz said...

I am so excited about this one. I love the whole Dorian Grey aspect. Great pick!

Sharon said...

A beautiful cover!

My WoW is here, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice week.

Carina said...

A great summary and a gorgeous cover. I definitely need this book. Too bad it's so long until it's released.
Great pick, thanks for sharing. :)

Carina
(My WoW)

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

I LOVE the dress on this cover. I hadn't heard about this one until yesterday and already I'm eager to read it! Great choice!

Check out my WOW this week!

Christina T said...

Great WoW pick! I've got this on my TBR list. It sounds fantastic!

Anne said...

I am looking forward to this one too, great pick!

Sally Sapphire said...

Oooh, I like the sounds of this one - I'm always up for a twist on the Dorian Gray tale!

My WOW for this week comes with a giveaway . . . very exciting! :)

TwilightsDance said...

Good WOW! The author is a sweetheart.

Semisweet said...

How have I not heard of this book!? It sounds great! I'm adding it to my TBR now : )

http://semisweetbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html here's me WoW^^

Dee ShamelessRom said...

Love the cover of this pick! And you site is wonderful. New follower here! Here is my WoW...

http://shamelessromancereviews.blogspot.com/2011/06/wating-on-wednesday.html

Lauren M said...

I'm super excited for DARKER STILL! I was so bummed to have missed it at BEA--it sounds so interesting! Ah, well. C'mon, September! :)

Tribute Books Mama said...

Great cover, sounds good.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails