Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters #2) by Kelly Keaton

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!


Coming February 21, 2012!


A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters #2) by Kelly Keaton

A power she can’t deny. A destiny she’s determined to fight.

When Ari first arrived in the dilapidated city of New 2, all she wanted was to figure out who she was. But what she discovered was beyond her worst nightmare. Ari can already sense the evil growing inside her—a power the goddess Athena will stop at nothing to possess.

Desperate to hold on to her humanity and protect her loved ones, Ari must fight back. But Athena’s playing mind games, not just with Ari but with those she cares about most. And Athena has a very special plan for the brooding and sexy Sebastian.

Ari is determined to defeat Athena, but time is running out. With no other options, Ari must unleash the very thing she’s afraid of: herself.

I LOVED Darkness Becomes Her, so I cannot WAIT for the sequel! The New Orleans atmosphere, mythology, magic, mystery and even a little dystopian for good measure -- what's not to love? Athena was a killer character in the first book, and I can't wait to see what chaos she has up her sleeve in this one -- especially where "brooding and sexy Sebastian" is concerned. I also hadn't seen this cover until recently, but I think it works PERFECTLY with the books. There's nothing quiet as haunting and creepy as a weeping angel, don't you think?

Have you read Darkness Becomes Her? Wasn't it a-MAZ-ing?

22 comments:

Cari said...

Darkness is still on my to read list. I had no idea it was a series thanks for sharing!

Let's Evaluate said...

Thanks for sharing! I hadn't heard of this series before, but it sounds really good. Will definitely have to keep an eye out for the first. [:

My WoW: http://letsevaluate.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

Stephanie (PoetrytoProse.com) said...

Eeeek, very eerie cover! I still need to read the first book eventually - it sounds great!

Stephanie @ Poetry to Prose

P.S. I hope you're enjoying Waterfall! A definite favorite of mine. <3

Mocha ღ Latte said...

I can't wait for it's release! I love, love, LOVED Darkness Becomes Her.
Here's my W.O.W : http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday12.html

-Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

Andie Z said...

I'd never heard of this series before, I'm really glad you highlighted it! It looks great, I'll have to check it out.

New follower :)
Andie
My WoW

Sharon said...

A great choice!

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice week :)

Kai @ Amaterasureads said...

I love Darkness Becomes Her! One of the best 2011 books, I think and I am so excited for A Beautiful Evil! Great pick! :)

Here's my WoW picks!

Jan von Harz said...

Have not yet read Darkness Becomes Her, but now I am wondering why I haven't. The sequel sound amazing. Will have to check out the first book so I am ready for this one when it is released. Great pick!

Christina T said...

I still need to read book one but this series sounds really good. Great pick!

Precious said...

I was able to read a part of the novel Darkness Becomes Her. But the egalley expired on me! I wasn't able to finish it. Although I loved all that I was able to read about it. :) I'm adding this one too, in hopes of being able to finish the first book sometime this year.

Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

Tiffany said...

New follower :) I haven't heard of this one before, but I LOVE mythology.

I'm adding this book (and the first one) to my TBR and to the list of books for the 2011 YA Mythology challenge.

Tribute Books Mama said...

Intriguing cover, Enjoy your pick.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_29.html

Lauren M said...

Is it bad that I still haven't read Darkness Becomes Her? :P
Honestly, I think this cover is kind of drab (then again, I haven't read the books). I've heard Kelly say that it's not the final, though!

Cozy in Texas said...

The statue on the cover looks familiar.
Ann

Under the Covers said...

I haven't read Darkness Becomes Her, but I think I might, this series sounds really good, and I love the covers as well! They will look pretty on my book shelf : D

My WoW

Suzanne @ Under the Covers

Bookish Brunette said...

I still have to read Darkness Becomes Her... But I will read it before this one comes out! LOL

The Bookish Brunette

mendy said...

I love Darkness Becomes Her! Ahh such amazing book and I can't wait for the sequel.

My WoW

Lindsi said...

I need this! Darkness Becomes Her = LOVE

Crystal (Book Snob) said...

I still haven't read Darkness Becomes Her and it's been on my wishlist for sooo long now! This cover is gorgeous :)

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

bookdout said...

Oh I will have to add this one to my list as well - Darkness Becomes Her was pretty good

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Miss Page-Turner said...

That's on my wishlist aswell. I liked Darkness Becomes Her!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I have the first book here, but haven't read it yet. Geez, I'm really falling behind these days. Thanks!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails