Thursday, June 16, 2011

Trailer Thursday: Hourglass by Myra McEntire


In Stores Now!



I really like this trailer. It's so dramatic, and fits the tone of the book. The images in the middle may seem random, but if you read the book they'll make perfect sense ;) I also never fully appreciated the tagline "one hour to rewrite the past" until seeing the way they employed it in the trailer, but this time it gave me chills. I would have loved to hear Emerson do voice-overs with her signature snark, though. I also accidentally turned my Pandora radio on just as I started watching the trailer, so I thought "Your Song" from Moulin Rouge was the background music -- and it actually worked really well, so now I kind of wish they'd used it haha.

If this isn't enough to convince you Myra McEntire's newly released debut is a must-read, you can also check out my review!


Have you read Hourglass? Are you planning to? What do you think of the trailer?

4 comments:

Lauren M said...

I completely agree about the little images in the middle!
I think I would've enjoyed this trailer more if it were acted out (rather than stills), but it's still awesome! :)

Allison said...

The tagline was definitely my favorite part of the trailer! Such an awesome book :)

Keri said...

The trailer is very intriguing. I've been interested in this book ever since I first learned of it. I was ensnared by its stunning cover. I am definitely keen on reading Hourglass whenever I can manage to get my hands on it. Thank you for sharing the trailer!

BookGeek said...

Gah! I really want to read this book even more!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails