Thursday, June 30, 2011

Trailer Thursday: The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder



The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

In Stores Now!

Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him. And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.




If you've read my review, you know I loved this book. This trailer really captures its essence -- the value of simple moments, the way some days stand out in our minds like a black and white photograph. It perfectly reflects the book's beauty and romance, as well as its sadness, and the simplicity befits Lisa Schroeder's sparse, elegant verse.

Does this trailer make you want to read The Day Before? Have you already read it? Do you think the trailer does it justice?

5 comments:

Paula said...

I haven't read this book, yet. But I love all of Lisa's books. Can't wait!!!

The Slowest Bookworm said...

I haven't read this one, but I did read I Heart You, You Haunt Me and although I loved the story itself I wasn't too keen on reading a story in verse so I'm having doubts about this one. I'm glad you enjoyed it though.

Lauren M said...

I haven't read the book, but I really like the simplicity of the trailer. Not a big fan of the font used, but the cinematography was nice. It really sets the tone for the book!

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Paula -- This was my first of her books, but now I'm eager to read them all =)

Slowest Bookworm -- I was really surprised I could get past the verse too. I got I Heart You, You Haunt Me from the library -- maybe its verse is more distracting?

Lauren -- Oo I agree, the font wasn't my favorite.

Miss Page-Turner said...

Yep, this is a simply beautiful trailer:)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails