Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cover Comparison: Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Beth Revis recently revealed the paperback cover for her bestselling debut, Across the Universe. Check it out:

Coming to paperback November 29, 2011!


A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

Here's the hardback cover for comparison:



I love the more SciFi feel of the new cover, but I don't think it's as eye-catching and sexy as the original. I'm quite curious as to what Amy is doing with her hand on the new cover though. Really, both versions have their benefits -- but I'm a sucker for pretty colors, so I think the hardback is still my favorite.

How about you? Which cover do you prefer? Have you read the book? Which one conveys its essence better?

7 comments:

DforDarla's Definite Reads said...

So pretty! Now Beth Revis has 3 different covers, since she also has the blueprint one.

I really like the paperback cover. It kind of reminds me of Stargate.

Lauren M said...

Is she reaching out to touch the stars?
I agree with you, Casey...the paperback cover isn't nearly as eye-catching. =/

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I like them both, but I think I like the paperback better. Crazy how they change them on us. :) Thanks!

Bella (Obsessed!) said...

I definitely prefer the hardback ... the paperback reminds me too much of the new covers for Maria V. Snyder's Inside Out and Outside In.

Jordyn said...

Oh, I definitely like the hardcover more and I think it's much more sci-fi than the paperback, as well as just flat-out more beautiful. The paperback is nice too, though, but gives off a different feeling for me. Not as eye-catching.

Lori said...

I think I like the new one better!

Small Review said...

I can't decide which one I like more. The HC has all those pretty stars, but I like how crisp the PB looks.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails