Friday, June 24, 2011

Cover Art Revealed: The Wood Queen (Iron Witch #2) by Karen Mahoney

Karen Mahoney recently revealed the updated cover for book two in her Iron Witch series, The Wood Queen. Check it out:

Coming February 2012!


I love this cover. The fact that Donna is facing away is mysterious and intriguing, while the blinding lights are eye-catching and let you know that she's in control. It seems as though she's finally embracing the alchemy that saved her life -- and venturing back into the Ironwood that nearly killed her. The title also piques my interest -- is it referring to Donna? Or to the nasty faery queen we met in book one?

What do you think? Does this cover make you want to read the series?

Here's the Iron Witch cover, for comparison. I thought it was pretty eye-catching, mysterious and beautiful as well: (enlarge to see the markings on her arms)

4 comments:

Lauren M said...

I still prefer the cover of The Iron Witch, but The Wood Queen's cover is gorgeous, too. I love the lighting; it makes the markings look almost like lace gloves. :)

Bookish Brunette said...

I think it's freaking gorgeous! I'm GOING to read The Iron Witch before this one comes out! I SWEAR! LOL

The Bookish Brunette

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Beautiful! Amazing covers I have to say. Thanks for sharing them!

Miss Page-Turner said...

I haven't read The Iron Witch yet, but I still cannot wait for its sequel just because I adore its cover! Wow, thanks for sharing.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails