Friday, June 3, 2011

Cover Art Revealed: Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare

At BEA last week, Simon & Schuster revealed the cover art for Clockwork Prince, the highly anticipated second installment of Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices series. Check it out:

Coming December 6, 2011!



I LOVE this series -- December is too far awayyyy!! Jem kind of looks like an elf, doesn't he? The way his hair lays, it looks like his ears are pointy. I walked by this at BEA without realizing what it was at first -- I honestly thought it was a fantasy book about elves. Aside from that, though, I like it. It works well with the first book in the series, but is darker, and I just love the shadow and light effect with the shadowy backdrop but shiny foreground. Jem's walking stick is kind of fierce, too. What is that in the background? The Institute? Or is it supposed to be a recognizable London landmark, like Big Ben on the Clockwork Angel cover?

What do you think? Here's the Clockwork Angel cover for comparison:




In other Cassandra Clare news...

Jamie Campbell-Bower has been cast as Jace in the City of Bones movie!


Honestly, all I can think is Caius from New Moon and Grindelwald from Deathly Hallows...so I'm reserving judgement. I will say I don't think he's as cute as Jace is in my head.

You can see what Cassandra Clare thinks in her interview with Hollywood Crush. The gist is that she is "thoroughly, totally, extremely, and utterly delighted."

What do you guys think?

3 comments:

confessionsofacommonreader said...

The casting in movies never looks like it did in my head (except for maybe harry potter and LOTR..those were really well done) and I'm never sure how to feel about it. I feel it kind of erases the vision I had in my head afterwards, and when I read the books again I see the people in the movie instead. Exciting though! Mortal instruments and Hunger games!

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

I'm so freaking excited for Clockwork Prince. I can't wait!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I finally got Clockwork Angels not so long ago and need to get to reading it. And for Jace. Yeah, he is lovely don't get me wrong, but I seemed to see Jace a little differently. But I could watch him on the screen, I think. ;D

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails