Friday, June 17, 2011

Cover Art Revealed: Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer

Though the Bloodrose cover wasn't supposed to be revealed until next month, according to Andrea Cremer's blog a computer glitch caused it to be sent out early. So here it is in all its bloodred glory:

Coming February 21, 2012!


I like this one a lot better than the other new covers in the series. It's an interesting contrast between Calla in black and white and the red background, and you definitely get the sense that Calla needs to watch her back! The fur hood on her coat is also very wolfy, without her actually being wolfish. Nice touch =) According to Andrea Cremer's blog, this cover represents a specific scene in the book -- I can't wait to find out what's happening!


Andrea also announced that Penguin will be printing a limited amount of new Nightshade jackets, so that those who bought the first book in hardback can still have a matching set despite the cover redesign!


Here are the details from Andrea's blog:

The jackets are being mailed out on a first come, first served basis. Send your request, including your mailing address to yrmarketing@us.penguingroup.com

I'm sorry to international readers but this is a US only offer since it regards the US cover redesign

Please note: the jackets are being shipped by Penguin, so don't email your request to me as it won't get to the right people.

I think that's very classy on Penguin's part -- a nice compromise, and recognition of reader desires.

What do you think of the Bloodrose cover? Will you be requesting one of the redesigned jackets?

5 comments:

Lauren M said...

I'm still curious as to what Bloodrose would've looked like pre-cover change. :P
But anyway, yeah, it's nice. I'm curious about the specific scene, too. :)

And what an awesome deal! Penguin's smart to cater to their "the covers must match!" audience. :)

resugo said...

Thanks for posting about the cover for Bloodrose. I like it, as do I like the others. Maybe not so much as the previous ones, but the new ones are nice.

And THANK YOU so much for posting about the new cover for Nightshade. I am going to send in a request. That will be awesome to have them match.

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

ahhh! I made a huge mistake reading the ARC of Wolfsbane so early because now the release of Bloodrose seems so far away! I do like this cover more than the other re-designed ones. Now I'm super curious to what scene this is. Thanks for sharing!

lisa :) said...

I haven't read this series (yet) but it is a very catchy cover. Something about the color, the wolf, and the jacket bring to mind Little Red Riding Hood for me - I wonder if that was intentional at all...

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Lauren -- I would love to know what the cover was originally going to look like too. Sigh.

resugo -- Yay! I'm glad I could help =)

Vy -- I've been procrastinating on reading Wolfsbane for exactly that reason lol

Lisa -- You're so right! I knew it reminded me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on it! =)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails