Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Misfit by Jon Skovron

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!


Coming August 1, 2011!


Misfit by Jon Skovron

Jael Thompson has never really fit in. She’s changed schools too many times to count. The only family she’s ever known is her father, a bitter ex-priest who never lets her date and insists she attend the strictest Catholic school in Seattle. And her mother—well, she was a five thousand year old demon. That doesn’t exactly help.

But on her sixteenth birthday, her father gives her a present that brings about some unexpected changes. Some of the changes, like strange and wonderful powers and the cute skater boy with a knack for science, are awesome. But others, like the homicidal demon seeking revenge on her family? Not so much.

Steeped in mythology, this is an epic tale of a heroine who balances old world with new, science with magic, and the terrifying depths of the underworld with the ordinary halls of high school.


First of all, Jael is an awesome name. Second of all, how did a priest hook up with a demon? Already I'm fascinated. Jael is apparently some kind of epic, mythological superhero -- how awesome is that? Yet another mythology book, and like all the others it sounds PERFECT for me =D Plus, I love the wry voice of the synopsis -- hopefully it continues in the book!

What new release are you most looking forward to this week?

10 comments:

Mia said...

Yay!I'm also extremely excited to read this book! Awesome pick :)

Check out my WoW picks for this week!

krazzyme said...

I dont like the cover :(

The summary is interesting though

Young Readers

Jennifer Stone said...

I haven't seen this one but it sounds really good! Thanks for sharing.

Here's my WoW this week.

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

I have not heard of this one. I dont think I would have found it because the cover is kind of BLAH!

Here is my WoW for this week.

Bookish Brunette said...

YAY! I want this one too!

My Wow Post!

Lauren M said...

I'm looking forward to Misfit, too! I agree with some of the above commenters--the cover is kind of blah. =/ But the story sounds really interesting!

Misty said...

Hmm...Interesting. Might have to look into this one. :)

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

I'm with you. How did a priest manage to hook up with a demon? I'm intrigued...that's for sure!

Candace said...

I hadn't heard of this one yet, but it sounds SO good! This was a great pick!

Cari said...

Sounds like a really good book but yeah the cover is a bit off.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails