Sunday, May 8, 2011

In My Mailbox: May 2 - 8, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


Bought:


Songs for a Teenage Nomad by Kim Culbertson

What is the soundtrack of your life?

After living in twelve places in eight years, Calle Smith finds herself in Andreas Bay, California, at the start of ninth grade. Another new home, another new school...Calle knows better than to put down roots. Her song journal keeps her moving to her own soundtrack, bouncing through a world best kept at a distance.

Yet before she knows it, friends creep in-as does an unlikely boy with a secret. Calle is torn over what may be her first chance at love. With all that she's hiding and all that she wants, can she find something lasting beyond music? And will she ever discover why she and her mother have been running in the first place?



Glimmerglass by Jenna Black

It’s all she’s ever wanted to be, but it couldn’t be further from her grasp… Dana Hathaway doesn’t know it yet, but she’s in big trouble. When her alcoholic mom shows up at her voice recital drunk, again, Dana decides she’s had enough and runs away to find her mysterious father in Avalon: the only place on Earth where the regular, everyday world and the captivating, magical world of Faerie intersect. But from the moment Dana sets foot in Avalon, everything goes wrong, for it turns out she isn't just an ordinary teenage girl—she's a Faeriewalker, a rare individual who can travel between both worlds, and the only person who can bring magic into the human world and technology into Faerie. Soon, Dana finds herself tangled up in a cutthroat game of Fae politics. Someone's trying to kill her, and everyone seems to want something from her, from her newfound friends and family to Ethan, the hot Fae guy Dana figures she’ll never have a chance with… until she does. Caught between two worlds, Dana isn’t sure where she’ll ever fit in and who can be trusted, not to mention if her world will ever be normal again…


Songs for a Teenage Nomad is free and Glimmerglass is only $2.99 as an ebook on both Amazon and Barnes & Noble right now! I've wanted to read both of these for quite a while, so I was excited to see them on sale! I had a little left on a gift card from Christmas, so it's not even violating the book buying ban Lindsi and I have going on ;) Have you read either of these? What did you think?

What's in your mailbox this week?

18 comments:

кєяo said...

Old follower stopping by.
The Songs for a Teenager Nomad. This book is in my wishlist. Enjoy reading.
My IMM

Rie Conley said...

You should go borrow/buy Glimmerglass, even though I had problems with an underage girl with an alcoholic mother drinking, it's a great book!

Celesta said...

I just recently had to return glimmerglass to the library unread (I hate having to do that!) but am looking forward to getting it again! Enjoy!

Here’s my IMM!

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Glimmerglass looks really good! I had not heard of it before!

Here is my IMM Hope you will stop by for a visit!

Natframpton said...

I have glimmerglass to read as well heard lots of good things about it

Kathy Martin said...

I got these too. I had a print copy of Glimmerglass but donated it to my media center when it sat so long on my TBR stack. I had been planning to get a Kindle copy and decided to do so now that the price is so low. My mailboxes are at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

Lauren M said...

Glimmerglass! I've been meaning to read that as well. Thanks for point out the great deal! :)

Kristina said...

I just downloaded Songs For A Teenage Nomad! I didn't even know about it but it looks really good!

New follower :)

Kristina
http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

Carina said...

I got a paperback copy of Glimmerglass this week and I'm really looking forward to read this. Hope you'll enjoy your new books! :)

Carina @ Fictional Distraction

The Slowest Bookworm said...

I can't wait to read Glimmerglass. it's been on my shelf for ages now and I just never seem to get to it. One day! I hope you enjoy both your books. Looking forward to hearing what you think of them both.

Kate said...

I just bought Instructions for A Broken Heart so I am excited to get Songs for A Teenage Nomad for free. Have a great week! :-)

My IMM

Aisle B said...

Glimmerglass is so beautiful. looking forward to reading what you thought on this one soon.

Happy reading :)

Midnight Bloom said...

I've read Glimmerglass and thought it was a good beginning to the series... I hope you enjoy reading both of the novels Casey! :)

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

I haven't read any of these books but Glimmerglass looks really pretty. Hope you're enjoying your books :)

LibrarySnake said...

I love Glimmerglass's cover.
Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox_08.html

Bookish Brunette said...

I need Glimmerglass!!

Kristina said...

Awesome books

My favorite book I got this week is a Naamah's Blessing

http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-8.html

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh great week! Glimmerglass caught my eye a while ago. I do hope you enjoy it! :) Have a great week!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails