Monday, May 30, 2011

Guest Post: Joshua's Ten Favorite Things About Wilburton, Oklahoma by Tara Hudson (Hereafter)




Coming June 7, 2011!

Can there truly be love after death?

Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world...forever.

Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, Hereafter is a sensation you won't want to miss.



Joshua's Ten Favorite Things About Wilburton, Oklahoma:


10. Wilburton High School. I actually don't mind school - I like my friends, my sports, most of my classes (ahem, Ms. Wolters). And school is even better, now that I have a certain invisible girl following me around the halls.

9. David O'Reilly's Barn. We've had some crazy parties there. I'm definitely going to have to take Amelia to one of them, someday.

8. Bigfoot. I swear, at least ten of my friends claim to have seen Bigfoot around southeastern Oklahoma. Personally, I think it's just Eli and his stupid, long hair.

7. My parent's backyard. Okay, I know it's dorky, but that yard is literally the only place I can concentrate enough to do my homework, now that Amelia has become such a welcome distraction.

6. The Fourche Maline Creek. Well, this used to be one of my favorite things: good fishing, nice scenery...you get the picture. But now that I realize it flows under High Bridge, I'm not so sure Amelia and I should go to visit it any time soon.

5. The Talimena Drive. It's 54 miles of this beautiful drive through the Ouachita Mountains in eastern Oklahoma. Don't tell Amelia, but I think that's where I'm going to take her for Valentine's Day.

4. Small town life. Except for the rickety old bridges. And the evil ghosts. And the superstitious group of creepy people my Grandma Ruth hangs out with. Hm, maybe I should rethink this answer....

3. Robbers Cave State Park. Kind of obvious, huh? Not only did I spend like half my childhood climbing around its network of caves, but it's also the first place Amelia and I touched. 

2. Amelia's parent's house. The one time I've been inside was pretty sad. Except for that kiss....

1. High Bridge. Is that weird, considering I almost died there? Probably. But it's also where I met Amelia. Guess that's just how our relationship works: part sad, part scary, part best-thing-ever.




Born and raised in Oklahoma, Tara Hudson graduated with a degree in law, mostly because she believed all the horror stories about English majors and their careers in the food-service industry. Luckily, she soon remembered how much she loved telling ghost stories, particularly to her girlfriends who liked visiting abandoned cemeteries as much as she did. Tara currently lives in Oklahoma with her husband, son, and a menagerie of ill-behaved pets.


For more about this author, please visit:



Come back June 10 for my review of Hereafter!

3 comments:

Bella said...

Aw, this is actually so sweet ... I wasn't particularly interested in reading Hereafter, mostly because I'm burned out on Paranormal YA, but Joshua might just change my mind!! :)

Lauren M said...

Aww! I love Joshua. What a great top-ten list! :)

Mary said...

OOh, I just finished Hereafter, and I want to know if there's going to be a sequel!! I'll be posting a review soon!
A Book A Day

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails