Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!

Coming July 19, 2011!


Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Add on Goodreads

Erin Blackwell is headed to college in New York City to study creative writing and earn a living as a romance novelist. Her grandmother has other plans: she approves of the college, but she wants Erin to major in business and then come back home to Kentucky to run the family’s famous racehorse farm. There is no way Erin will agree. Studying in New York and writing her way into a career is her escape from the farm and the family tragedy that happened there. So Erin’s grandmother decides Erin really will live life as a starving artist. She takes Erin’s future job running the farm, her inheritance, even her college tuition, and gives them all to Hunter Allen.

Hunter has lived on the farm for years. He’s Erin’s age, he’s the stable boy, and he’s the romantic dream of every girl in her high school. But he was involved in the family tragedy. Erin has always given him a wide berth. And he’s a slick opportunist. She’s furious that he fooled her grandmother into giving him Erin’s birthright and sending him to Erin’s college.

At least she’s free of him in her creative writing class. So she pens a story that has haunted her lately, in which the horse farm heiress at the very first Kentucky Derby starts a forbidden affair with the lowly stable boy. Unfortunately for her, the day she’s sharing this story with her New York classmates, Hunter walks in. He’s switching to her class. And after reading about himself in Erin’s story, he writes his own sexy assignments that lure Erin into dangerous fantasies about what could have been between them, and what might be.


I've been thinking that I should read more contemporary -- after all, it was the prolific Sarah Dessen who got me into YA in the first place. This sounds like such an epic love story. I love the idea that she's been disinherited for following her dreams. How many of us have faced family pressure about how we want to live our lives? Plus, I've become more involved in my own writing lately, so the story of an aspiring author is definitely relatable. I'm intrigued by this mysterious tragedy that haunts Erin's past, and the role the sultry stable boy plays in it all. The premise of the "horse farm heiress" and her "forbidden affair with the lowly stable boy" kind of reminds me of The Princess Bride (which is one of my favorite books), and I can't wait to read what sexy stories Hunter writes for their class ;) I can just imagine the subtextual tension in the classroom scenes when Hunter and Erin are reading their stories aloud and no one else knows they're speaking directly to one another. This story sounds seductive, don't you think?

What upcoming release are you eagerly awaiting this week?

8 comments:

Aleetha said...

I thought Hunter would be a sweet man. But he seems not. I think I am going to check the excerpt of this book.

It's all about Books

I Read Banned Books said...

This one looks good. I have been trying to read more contemporary as well. For 30 days I was on a paranormal cleanse. ;)

Jen

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one does sound very good...I saw it earlier on another blog. It will be a popular one, I'm thinking.

Here's MY WOW POST

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

This seems like a really good read. I am off to research it some more.

Here is my pick: http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday_27.html

Blueicegal ♥ said...

This is on a lot of WOW. Good to see! It does sound smexy :D

Bookish Brunette said...

There is a book by her that I REALLY want to read... but wouldn't you know, the title escapes me at the moment!

Small Review said...

Your reasons for wanting to read the book make me even more excited for it! I was disappointed with her latest (Forget You), but I LOVED Going Too Far! Talk about steamy tension :)

Sally said...

I loved Going To Far by JE I'm hoping Love Story will be just as good.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails