Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!

Coming September 27, 2011!


The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton

London, December 1871

Orphaned and picking pockets in London’s Charing Cross station to support not only herself, but her ‘family’ of orphans, sixteen year-old Tiki steals the Queen’s ring and thinks she’s solved their problems. That is, until Rieker, a pickpocket from the North End, suspects her in the theft and tells her that the ring is really a reservoir that holds a truce between the British and Faerie courts.

When he warns her that the fey will do anything, including murder, to recover the ring, Tiki is unsure whether to believe him or not. To complicate matters, Rieker seems to know something about the unusual birthmark on Tiki’s wrist. But when Tiki and her family are threatened the game changes.

In a dazzling debut that takes you from the gritty slums of Victorian London to the glittering ballrooms of the Royal Palace to the menacing Otherworld, you won’t want to miss this thrilling tale of mystery, adventure and romance.


Victorian London and faeries? Count me in, please! I'm intrigued by this truce between the British and the fey -- I wonder if the novel weaves the fantastical into the real history? Maybe blames the English Civil War on the faeries? That would be awesome. Cromwell, a faerie -- could you imagine? Ha! I also love the Dickensian vibe of the pickpocketing orphans, and their family bond could be a great emotional center for the novel. This book sounds like it was made for me =)

Doesn't this book sound fabulous? September is too far away! What future release are you anticipating this week?

18 comments:

Chel said...

Hey~ you entered the wrong link in BtS's Mister Linky!

Anyway, I received bookmarks and postcard of this book from the author. They're really gorgeous. I can't wait to read it either.

Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

Belinda said...

What a beautifuk cover. I'd read the book based on that :) Enjoy!

You can find my WOW here - The Bookish Snob

Melissa Dawn said...

Interesting. I'll have to think about it. I love books with faeries, but I have so many I still need to read. But it doesn't come out til September, so maybe! Thanks for sharing :)

Melissa's Waiting on Wednesday @ SheShines

Larissa {Larissa's Bookish Life} said...

great pick! love the cover!

Cyndi M. said...

Sounds like a lovely read!

Your newest follower :)

Mia said...

Love the cover and the name. Great pick!! Here's mine-http://bookaholic5.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html
Mia

Sally said...

I'm really looking forward to this one. Looks really good.
Great pick.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-13.html

Jan von Harz said...

Cannot wait for this one wither. It sound awesome. Great pick!

Naj said...

I've got this on my WoW as well! I can't wait to read this. I love victorian novels. :D

My WoW

Sally Sapphire said...

Sounds like a great pick!

Here's my WOW for this week.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great cover and synopsis...hope you enjoy it!

Here's MY WOW POST

Cait said...

I've seen this a couple of times as a WoW pick and it does look good! I reckon Cromwell was too ugly to be a faerie! :P

Ria said...

I've seen a couple of people now who are looking forward to this book, and I think I have to count myself among them. It does look like it could be pretty awesome!

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

This book sounds (and looks) pretty awesome. I can't wait to read it!

Lori said...

I hope that when you get your book, it is everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for. Happy Reading.

Liz said...

Not only does this one sound great, it has such a pretty cover. So excited for it!

Midnight Bloom said...

I'm really looking forward to The Faerie Ring as well! The cover is so pretty and the storyline sounds so interesting! Great WoW pick Casey! :)

ChemHist AP said...

This looks interesting. I don't know much about faerie rings or queen rings or problems, but this is why I like to read books. I am excited for this to come out!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails