Saturday, April 16, 2011

In My Mailbox: April 11 - 17, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


For Review:


Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz

Thanks to Harlequin Teen and NetGalley!

Coming June 21, 2011!

What’s a girl to do when meeting The One means she’s cursed to die a horrible death?

Life hasn’t been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Conner, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But the posh Upper East Side prep school she has to attend? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she’s irresistibly drawn to—Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks and the richest kid in school, who might just be her very own white knight.

But even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can’t stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps go out wherever she walks, and Emma’s been having the oddest dreams. Visions of herself in past lives—visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else.



Ultraviolet by R. J. Anderson

Thanks to Lerner Publishing and NetGalley!

Coming September 1, 2011!

Once upon a time there was a girl who was special.

This is not her story.

Unless you count the part where I killed her.

Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?

I've seen quite a few Waiting on Wednesdays featuring Spellbound and it sounds like a really intriguing read. The hot-and-cold love interest thing is a bit overplayed, but I'm a sucker for anything involving past lives and star-crossed lovers, so I'm really excited to check this book out! As for Ultraviolet, it sounds AWESOME! I'm fascinated by these kinds of psychological murder mystery novels that seem to be becoming popular. She's in a mental institution? For murder? How often do you seen a YA heroine accused of murder? Yeah, exactly. Plus, there seems to be some kind of paranormal element going on with the girl disintegrating into nothing. I can't wait to see how this story plays out!

What's in your mailbox this week?

10 comments:

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

I got Ultraviolet last week and haven't started it yet but I'm excited to read what you'll think of it!

basma aal said...

I've been wanting to read ultraviolet. Happy reading. Here is my imm: http://basma-aal.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-26.html

epicblackcar said...

Great blog.

I SALUTE YOU.

Precious said...

Awesome! I didn't know Spellbound is in Netgalley! Thanks for the info. :) And I've got Ultraviolet there too!

Here's my IMM post.

Lindsi said...

Dang...I always forget to include my Galleys in my IMM posts lol

I can't wait to read both of these books!

The Slowest Bookworm said...

Ooh they look good! I have Ultraviolet on pre-order and I love the sound of Spellbound. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of both of those.

Lori said...

Ooo I'm going to go request Spellbound right now!! :)

Cynthia said...

Great books!!! Spellbound and Ultraviolet sound really good. Enjoy them all!

Mandi said...

Spellbound looks really good, I love the cover! Happy reading!

My In My Mailbox

Mandi

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I have to say Spellbound sounds like a great read. :) I do hope you enjoy it and all your books this week. :) Have a great week!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails