Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cover Comparison: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Yesterday, Kiersten White revealed on her blog the Italian cover for her bestselling novel Paranormalcy. The novel is set to hit Italian shelves in May 2011.



I think this cover is beautiful and has a great fairy tale fantasy vibe to it (the twinkle lights! the twinkle lights!) -- plus it fits perfectly with a key scene in the book. That title just rolls off the tongue too -- try saying it: Paranormalmente. I always loved the "mente" words in Spanish class. However, I still think I like the US cover better. I can't quite put my finger on why. I think the stormy colors and Evie's no-nonsense face just give a darker, more mysterious impression of the story. You can tell Evie's fierce just by looking at her, whereas the girl on the Italian cover is making more of a "what the heck?" expression. What do you think? Here's the original for comparison:


By the way, I will be reviewing this book soon! I can't believe how long it's been since I read it. Blogger fail. It's fabulous though -- I loved it!

12 comments:

Read.Breathe.Relax. said...

Wow, the Italian cover is so cute! The hair flying everywhere is a bit weird, but I still love it! lol

I read this book awhile ago too- super good! :)

Lisa Rose said...

the girl on the cover is the same one that is featured on the cover of lesley livingstons new book^^

Bookish Brunette said...

I think I like the Italian cover better! I still love the US cover... But the first one is awesome!

lisa :) said...

Hmm... I'll take the hair and the background of the Italian cover with the dress and the less bewildered expression of the US cover.

Lauren M said...

*peers at Italian cover* The model looks familiar... oh, she's on Lesley Livingston's new book!

I still prefer the US cover. Like you said, it reflects the subtle darkness of the book. Plus, what is UP with the hair on the Italian cover? Lol.

Lindsi said...

I like them both! Lol

Michael Antonio Araujo said...

Whoa! I like the cover for the Italian version. Like you said it has that fairy tale vibe to it. But they're both pretty awesome and either one would do. =D

Eleni @ La Femme Readers said...

Oh wow I love the Italian one so much more!

Kate said...

I'm sorry, but I have to give much love to the Italian cover. It's gorgeous!

Lori said...

I love the Italian one too!! But I still think the US one suits the story better.

Small Review said...

The Italian cover is sooo pretty, but I agree with you. I like how fierce Evie looks on the US cover. I also like how dark and moody the US cover is with those storm clouds. I think it fits the book really well.

*Melissa* said...

wowo that cover is breathtaking i think i love it more than the US.. I love the way that title is written. the cover is so whimsicle and beautiful. wow so pretty im in awe!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails