Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Cornucopia of Dystopia: Reader Q&A with Elana Johnson (Possession)


A while back, we asked readers to submit their questions for Elana Johnson, author of Possession. Danya and I selected the most original ones, and today Elana is stopping by to respond! Check out her answers below:



How do you feel about being a published author? -- LittleMsBookish

I'm not quite sure, as POSSESSION won't be out until June 7. Most days it feels completely unreal. On the other rare days, I'm still in a bit of disbelief. Mostly I feel lucky and grateful to have the opportunity.


When did you first know you wanted to be a writer and when did you starting writing - POSSESSION? :) -- Chi Kittie

Well, I'm sort of like a pit bull: once I sink my teeth into something, I don't let go. So I'd written a book, and the next logical step was to figure out how to get it published. So I did that. I started writing POSSESSION in April 2008. It was my third book, and I drafted it in 17 days.


What inspires you? Is it something particular like a person or life itself? Are you thinking about other genres or just dystopia? -- vickyvak

Everything can be an inspiration. Mostly what I look to do with my writing is elicit an emotion. I do love dystopia, but I also love fantasy and contemporary. Hopefully, I'll be able to write many stories and experience as many genres as possible.


What is the one thing that you did NOT expect to happen when becoming a published author that did? -- The Story Queen

Pretty much everything that happens in the publishing industry is a surprise. Every author's journey is so different, that even as you watch what others go through, your path is always just a little bit different.


Thanks so much to Elana for taking the time to answer a few more questions!


Bookmark Winners!

It's also time to announce the winners of the bookmark giveaway we did in conjunction with the call for questions.

The winners are:

LittleMsBookish
virginia


Congrats to the winners! I've emailed you all.

0 comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails