Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Frost by Marianna Baer

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!


Coming September 13, 2011!


Frost by Marianna Baer

Leena Thomas's senior year at boarding school begins with a shock: Frost House, her cozy dorm of close friends, has been assigned an unexpected roommate -- confrontational, eccentric Celeste Lazar. But while Leena's anxiety about a threat to her sanctuary proves valid, it becomes less and less clear whether the threat lies with her new roommate, within Leena's own mind, or within the very nature of Frost House itself. Mysterious happenings in the dorm, an intense triangle between Leena, Celeste, and Celeste's brother, and the reawakening of childhood fears, all push Leena to take increasingly desperate measures to feel safe. FROST is the story of a haunting. As to whether the demons are supernatural or psychological...well, which answer would let you sleep at night?



I love the blending of the supernatural with the psychological in this novel. It's impossible to predict what path the book will take, and I'm so ready for some unpredictability! It sounds so dark on so many levels. I'm also intrigued by the triangle between Leena, Celeste and Celeste's brother. What kind of triangle? A love triangle? Because that would bring in so many complex issues to explore. Frost sounds mind-bending, and I cannot wait! I especially love the last line of the synopsis -- it's what really sold me: "As to whether the demons are supernatural or psychological...well, which answer would let you sleep at night?"

What do you guys think? Does this sound like your kind of read? What upcoming release are you waiting for this week?

16 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Ooh, great cover!! I hadn't seen this one yet, I may have to check it out!!

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

Now i can't wait for this book to come out! This sounds really good. My TBR list is growing longer and longer after every W.O.W. I also love the cover :D

June G said...

This is new. Never heard of it. It sounds great. Can't wait for this one myself now! A fresh, new choice!

Lori said...

I saw this book the other day. I absolutely love the cover. I hope that when you get it, it will be everything you hope it to be. Wanna see what I am Waiting on Wednesday for? Check it out.

Jan von Harz said...

Great new title for me to add to my wish list. It sounds like this one takes a new path in the boarding school premise. Great pick!

Majanka said...

I've never heard of this book before, but the summary sounds very intriguing, and that cover is gorgeous, mysterious and scary at the same time. Excellent choice, adding this to my wishlist.

Take a look at my WoW.

Sally said...

Ooooh this one is new to me. Very mysterious. Definitely putting this one on my wishlist.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Even the title, Frost House, promises lots of spookiness and intrigue...and chilling events!

Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST

Lauren M said...

Oh, yes, this definitely sounds like my kind of read! I can't wait! :D

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

Ohhh, this sounds great!! I haven't heard of it yet, but it's totally going on the list!!

Tribute Books Mama said...

I'll be watching for this one, great cover, come by and see mine.

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Ooer! This sounds spooky and creepy, and well, quite awesome! I think I'll definitely have to check it out.

Jennifer A said...

I've never heard of this book before. It sounds really good! I love not knowing what to expect out of a book. I'm glad you shared this one!

Jennifer
http://littleshelf.blogspot.com

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh,this one does sound amazing! Thanks for sharing this one. I might have to think about getting it. :)

Rubita said...

I want this book. I deserve this book. This book is mine. I'm all about private school paranormals.

Midnight Bloom said...

The cover is so creepy and the plot description sounds pretty awesome too!!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails