Monday, March 21, 2011

Jane Eyre Winners!


Thanks so much to everyone who entered to win this amazing classic! Even if you didn't win, I hope you'll go out and buy a copy -- this truly is a must-read! I'm going to see the film tomorrow -- can't wait!

Congratulations to:

soulunsung, who said: I would be thrilled to win this, honestly. I have a definitive amount of love and appreciation for the classics and am always open for a new interpretation of them. 

That said, to answer the question you posed, I'm really interested to see this film's take on the classic. To see if they can re-vamp it a bit, while still preserving the integrity of the story. I've seen the BBC version of this and had originally fallen in love with that. 

I've also read the original book, though it's been years. Well, anyway, I'm rather hoping to have this one fall into my hot little hands so that I can see what changes (if any) have been made, if it's re-vamped to give it a more edgey vibe, or if it's still sticking to preserving the integrity of the story itself.

In any case, it should be an amazing re-read and watch.


AND


lisa :), who said: I'm super excited to see the movie because I'm currently reading the book... FOR THE FIRST TIME! *insert gasps of shock as I dodge the rotten fruit hurled my way* I feel like the only person on the planet (or at least in the book blogging world) who has never read Jane Eyre but thanks to my trusty Kindle and a passion for classic literature I'm diving into Brote's text and enjoying every word! My goal is to get through the book in a week (I'll be blogging about the challenge soon) and then go see the movie!


Congratulations! The winners have been contacted.

Thanks to Chelsy at Big Honcho Media and Focus Features for providing this giveaway!

3 comments:

soulunsung said...

Thank you so much, for the book and the amazing swag that comes with it. Also, for the opportunity. I cannot wait to see the movie, sadly though I may have to wait til' it's out on dvd. We'll see how the money situation goes, but I'll definitely be trying to see it. :)

lisa said...

allow me to take a break from my jealous rage to congratulate the winners. :)

lisa :) said...

Thanks again for the chance to win this great prize pack! I am new to Jane Eyre but I'm already fully in love with it. Can't wait to see the movie - hoping to make an outing of it this weekend!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails