Saturday, March 19, 2011

In My Mailbox: March 14 - 20, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.

For Review:


The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

Thanks to Simon & Schuster Galley Grab!

Coming June 28, 2011!

Sometimes there's no turning back.

Amber's life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of her family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell that he's also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she's drawn to him. And the more she's troubled by his darkness. Because Cade's not just living in the now--he's living each moment like it's his last.


Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic

Thanks to Graphia Books & NetGalley!

Coming January 16, 2012!

I had the dream again. The one where I’m running. I don’t know what from or where to, but I’m scared, terrified really.

Austin Parker is never going to see his eighteenth birthday. At the rate he’s going, he probably won’t even see the end of the year. But in the short time he has left there’s one thing he can do: He can try to help the people he loves live—even though he never will.

It’s probably hopeless.

But he has to try.


Two Moon Princess by Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban

Thanks to Tanglewood Press & NetGalley!

In this coming-of-age story set in a medieval kingdom, Andrea is a headstrong princess longing to be a knight who finds her way to modern-day California. But her accidental return to her family's kingdom and a disastrous romance brings war, along with her discovery of some dark family secrets. Readers will love this mix of traditional fantasy elements with unique twists and will identify with Andrea and her difficult choices between duty and desire.


Dark of the Moon by Tracy Barrett

Thanks to Harcourt Children's Books & NetGalley!

Coming September 19, 2011!

Ariadne is destined to become a goddess of the moon. She leads a lonely life, finding companionship only with her beloved, misshapen brother Asterion, who must be held captive below the palace for his own safety.

Then a ship arrives bearing a tribute of slaves from Athens, and Ariadne meets Theseus, the son of the king of Athens. Ariadne finds herself drawn to the newcomer, and soon they form a friendship—one that could perhaps become something more.

But Theseus is doomed to die as an offering to the minotaur, that monster beneath the palace—unless he can kill the beast first. And that "monster" is Ariadne’s brother...


Bought:


Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words.

Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.


Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens

I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him. Zoe's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoe lost in her broken life. Zoe escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoe's autistic sister. After Zoe is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.


Radiance by Alyson Noel

Riley has crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. She has picked up life where she left off when she was alive, living with her parents and dog in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. When she’s summoned before The Council, she learns that the afterlife isn’t just an eternity of leisure. She’s been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a possibly cute, seemingly nerdy boy who’s definitely hiding something. They return to earth together for Riley’s first assignment, a Radiant Boy who’s been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But all of that was before he met Riley...


I was SO excited when I discovered The Day Before on Galley Grab -- I WoWed it ages ago! I'm also really excited that Greek mythology is becoming popular in books, because I LOVE It -- so I can't wait to read Dark of the Moon. FYI, the Heavenly ebook is on sale for $1.99 on Barnes and Noble and Wings is a free Kindle preorder on Amazon -- check them out!

What's in your mailbox this week?

10 comments:

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

I also got 'The Day Before' from GalleyGrab... I can't wait to check it out!

Larissa {Larissa's Bookish Life} said...

Great book week!!

Happy reading =D

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

oh oh oh! I really want to read Never Eighteen. It sounds like it'll be a great one. Enjoy your books :)

Vy said...

ooo I got wings this week too! I haven't started it yet though. Great books hope you enjoy them :)

Sally said...

Great books this week. The Day Before is definitely going on my wishlist.
I got Never Eighteen last week - looks good.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-11.html

Small Review said...

Ooh, I've been wanting to read Dark of the Moon but I must have skipped right over it on Net Galley (pitfalls of being a cover snob!) Thank you for bringing my attention to it here! I'm going to go back and request it now.

I just got Two Moon Princess! I'll be keeping an eye out for your reviews :)

Christy @ReaderBee said...

Wonderful mailbox! I have a few of the Netgalley books, and I'm really looking forward to them! Enjoy!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Great mailbox this week. :) I do hope you enjoy all your books and have a wonderful week. :)

I'll be posting my Monday's Beginnings tomorrow. :)

Book Junkies said...

I am anxiously awaiting The Day Before! I hope you enjoy it! Oh and I just bought Wings a little while ago. I have heard good things as I am sure you have too! Great IMM! -C

Stephanie (Books Are A Girl's Best Friend) said...

Thanks for stopping by my IMM earlier! I love the sound of The Moon Princess and the sunset on the cover is really pretty. I'll have to look it up on net galley. Enjoy all your new books :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails